Legs or arm

when you pitch do you increase your velocity more from your leg excersises or your arm exsercises

I dont think there is a definate answer to the question in the context which it was asked, although it is a excellent question. Perhaps think in terms of one enhancing the other. Gotta have a good lower to pitch. also have to have the arm strength to handle what the legs ultimately transfer to the arm. You have got to think in terms of the body as a whole especially in regards to pitching. The legs are key to developing velocity, thats where it all begins. It also has to be understood that all of that energy/power developed by the lower will ultimately be transferred to the arm. If the arm cannot handle it, its all for not! The body is a incredible machine and has incredible mechinisms inso how it protects itself from possible injury. In short if the arm cannot handle the body will send you a message to stop or eventually your going to get hurt. when trianing you have got to think of the body as a whole as well as training for “balance” within muscle groups. Dont ignore one and overdo the other.

I dont think there is a definate answer to the question in the context which it was asked, although it is a excellent question. Perhaps think in terms of one enhancing the other. Gotta have a good lower to pitch. also have to have the arm strength to handle what the legs ultimately transfer to the arm. You have got to think in terms of the body as a whole especially in regards to pitching. The legs are key to developing velocity, thats where it all begins. It also has to be understood that all of that energy/power developed by the lower will ultimately be transferred to the arm. If the arm cannot handle it, its all for not! The body is a incredible machine and has incredible mechinisms inso how it protects itself from possible injury. In short if the arm cannot handle the body will send you a message to stop or eventually your going to get hurt. when trianing you have got to think of the body as a whole as well as training for “balance” within muscle groups. Dont ignore one and overdo the other.[/quote]Couldn’t have said it better myself!! Good post Chin.

I will add only what Chin seemed to imply. The core is the key for the transfer of that energy. That said, not having one can cause injury to the other, so be comprehensive in your work out!

EXACTLY!

Upper and lower body must both be strong, and in addition you want to also build up your core, meaning your “middle” (lower back / stomach / obliques / upper leg muscles etc.). One of the best and easiest ways is through a swiss ball routine.

Also remember to keep good flexibility throughout your body.