Legitimate chance?

Hey there my name is Quentin and I have been playing since the age of 8 and have been a pitcher since the age of 11. I played all four years of high school and just recently graduated in 2009.

Throughout my years of being a pitcher almost all of my coaches have compared me to Mariano Rivera. I’ve been told that my fastball or cutter has the exact same movement as his. The cutter, change up and splitter are my only pitches with the splitter coming during my sophomore year in high school. My question is do I have good chance of being a candidate for college teams or maybe even the MLB?

as many people may disagree with me… it is difficult to make it to a minor league team if you cant throw 90+ mph. If you get noticed by a scout, maybe… but if you go to an open tryout or anything along those lines, they are looking for heat!

You have thousands of options for college, check out some games locally and compare yourself to the pitchers. If you may not be D 1 material, try a D2,D3 or even go to a community college. There are many players that have become stars in the majors by attending CC.

Albert Pujols is a 13th rounder from community college. If you got the stuff, the scouts will find you. Don’t be afraid to email some your schedules in the summer, maybe a scout will be in your area and give u a look.

[quote=“quentinbgy”]Hey there my name is Quentin and I have been playing since the age of 8 and have been a pitcher since the age of 11. I played all four years of high school and just recently graduated in 2009.

Throughout my years of being a pitcher almost all of my coaches have compared me to Mariano Rivera. I’ve been told that my fastball or cutter has the exact same movement as his. The cutter, change up and splitter are my only pitches with the splitter coming during my sophomore year in high school. My question is do I have good chance of being a candidate for college teams or maybe even the MLB?[/quote]

How hard do you throw? How big are you? what’s ur gpa? act score? stats for high school? is anybody helping you find a college team to pitch for?