Legion Baseball Thread

I decided to start a subject like this because I was bored and it seamed like a decent idea. Any league is okay, just make it readable, nothing boring.

i guess ill start it off, stats are from high school ball

HARVEY LEGION 2006

Starting Rotation

1. Tanner Lorenz 8-1 .61 ERA, 102 SO’s, 49 innings, 10 BB’s
  2. Kevin Buxa 6-2 1.75 ERA, 56 SO’s, 40 innings, 16 BB’s
  3. Bryan Krahler 1-0 3.75 ERA, 15 SO’s, 15 innings, 2 BB’s, 1 SV
  4. Casey Frantz 3-4 4.55 ERA, 45 SO’s, 35 innings, 30 BB’s
    Relief Pitchers
    Long Relief
    *Ben Rogelstad (didn’t pitch in h.s.)
    Middle Relief
    *Josh Zeien 6-1 3.33 ERA, 70 SO’s, 50 innings, 10 BB’s
    *Olsen Zerr 5-2 2.25 ERA, 52 SO’s, 44 innings, 20 BB’s
    Closer
    *Timmy Haux 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0 SO’s, 1 inning, 0 BB’s, 1 SV

Starting Order

1. Bryan Krahler .352, 6 RBI, 15 SB
  2. Tyler Volk .552, 2 HR, 25 RBI, 46 SB
  3. Kevin Buxa .354, 1 HR, 20 RBI, 18 SB
  4. Casey Frantz .325, 1HR, 22 RBI, 13 SB
  5. Mark Wack (Didn’t play h.s. baseball)
  6. Tanner Lorenz .300, 1 HR, 14 RBI, 3 SB
  7. Adam Schaan (Didn’t play h.s. baseball)college player that came back*
  8. Scott Tweed .258, 6 RBI, 5 SB
  9. Josh Zeien .315, 7 RBI, 15 SB
    DH- Ben Rogelstad, Brandon Muscha
    Starting Positions
    Catcher- Mark Wack
    1B- Tanner Lorenz **Most valuable pitcher
    2B- Kevin Buxa **MVP
    3B- Casey Frantz **Most Valuable fielder
    SS- Bryan Krahler
    LF- Tyler Volk **Most valuable hitter
    CF- Scott Tweed
    RF- Josh Zeien **Hustler award

Well thats our team, our first game is accually tommorow against teh state champions…i’ll update right after the game…i hope some people accually get into this…it can get fun

Babe Ruth league ended tonight for me in the usual frustration, lol.
I got the start, it was a productive game but frustrating none the less.
Maybe two well hit, clean Singles, the rest weak, end of bat, ground balls.
There were some seeing eye hits, but to sum it up, playing on my team this year has truly taught me composure and to not show emotion on the mound.

Ended my season batting 57AB .317, 15 RBI, 6 doubles, 13 walks
I slumped in about 5 games getting only a couple of hits unfortunately

My ERA was poor at 4.5 (errors are only if they hit gloves and player is standing up, not the true whether or not an average player makes the play), But I have to say it was a very productive in terms of developing as a total pitcher. Picked off 4 kids, and had one of the better SBA% on the mound in the league, so I know I held runners well.
Today we had 1 recorded out in the outfield (6IP), and I’ve worked a 4 inning occasion with 1 recorded in the outfield, and a 6 inning with 2 recorded outs.
To sum that up, I’m extremely happy with movement I am getting on my two-seam, as well as placement and use of my changeup.

Now onto allstars which is looking good my age group. In the last 5 years, most of the time, us or another league win district, end up winning state, and get to regional finals atleast. So basically if you can win the critical game in the beginning you can make a huge run over the summer.

It’s gameday in Harvey and the players are ready to go. The game is in Harvey and is against h.s. champions, Steele-Dawson. There is a 20 mph crosswind going to rigth field. I am scheduled to start the game for Harvey. It is about 75 degrees and a slight chance of storms around 5. There will be thunderstorms around 7 or 8 so we will be going for a quick game. It is 1:20 here and the workouts begin in about 2 hours. I’ll update after the game around 9 tonight.

I’m on a team with about 14 players, many of which haven’t played in a couple of years. We have accumulated a 2-5 record, both wins coming off games in which I was the starting pitcher. It’s pretty simple, we play good defense and hit with runners in scoring position, we win. We do none of those things, we lose. I couldnt tell ya what my average is right now, but i’m guessing in the .300, .350+ range. At least i’ve hit safely in all 7 games.

pitching line from that game up there…4 2/3 innings, 1 hit, 0 earned runs, 7 runs, 2 bb’s, 14 strikeouts…we lost 8-4

4 2/3’s with 14 K’s…talk about dominance.

[quote=“JMB33”]4 2/3’s with 14 K’s…talk about dominance.[/quote]it was crazy

Huh how in the hell did you get every batter but one on a strikeout? Well…sounds like your defense sucks.

[quote=“SMF25”]Huh how in the hell did you get every batter but one on a strikeout? Well…sounds like your defense sucks.[/quote]my catcher dropped 5 3rd strikes, i accually struck 8 batters out in 2 innings…other team was state high school champs as well

Londonderry Legion, NH…4-0

[quote=“asoriano1210”]Londonderry Legion, NH…4-0[/quote] How did u lose 3 games and have a .80 ERA more like 8.00 ERA.

nope .80, I was in the junior college world series in new york if you want to check. Londonderry Legion Post 27—(6-0)…(2-0)pitching 12 innings, 22Ks, 1.3 ERA, A no hitter