Leg in pitching

A personal trainer is the same thing as a strength coach, just a different title lol…

Actually, they are not my friend. You call any “Strength Coach” a “Personal Trainer” and they will not be happy. Personal trainers look to better your overall fitness level, whereas a Strength Coach looks to improve your strength. I have 2 friends that are strength coaches, and the best way to get on their nerves is to call them personal trainers.

Actually, they are not my friend. You call any “Strength Coach” a “Personal Trainer” and they will not be happy. Personal trainers look to better your overall fitness level, whereas a Strength Coach looks to improve your strength. I have 2 friends that are strength coaches, and the best way to get on their nerves is to call them personal trainers.[/quote]

very true.

i don’t see why this kid won’t just give it a shot. Why not just try to gain some muscle. LIke honestly you are 6’3 163lbs. Whatever though your life not mine

How would you know how much I weigh as of right now???lol

Let me know when you get to 90 buddy…

i thought you said in another post or someone else said you were 6’3 163lbs.

LOl you have 2 mph on me buddy. Also you will never make the majors at 163 buddy. You have no size at all. no size.

In the majors they want big, strong guys who can handle traveling 162 games out of the year.

How would you know how much I weigh as of right now???lol

Let me know when you get to 90 buddy…[/quote]

there is no need for a pissing contest here… Undiscovered is stubborn and won’t be open to new ideas until his own methods fail him. In college he will see that upper 80s is not enough to blow anybody away, and that to continue progressing he will need to start following the strength training program his school lays out for him. For now though nothing any of us say is going to change that.

I he wants to not have an open mind about baseball than just leave him be!

LankyLefty did you get my PM? I sent it yesterday evening…

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]i thought you said in another post or someone else said you were 6’3 163lbs.

LOl you have 2 mph on me buddy. Also you will never make the majors at 163 buddy. You have no size at all. no size.

In the majors they want big, strong guys who can handle traveling 162 games out of the year.[/quote]

-As of today I’m 173, according to the doctors…lol

-Pretty ignorant comment on your behalf, talent is what gets you to the bigs…

-What credentials do you have to tell me what it takes??? There are plenty of guys to disprove your BS…

:lol:

[quote=“Austin#34”]I he wants to not have an open mind about baseball than just leave him be!

LankyLefty did you get my PM? I sent it yesterday evening…[/quote]

Oh I have an open mind about many things, but in athletics it really is black and white, unfortunately. Many sources you will read make everything seem very complicated…Such as functional training, explosive workouts, stabilizer muscles, supplements, protein shakes, bands, etc… They make it complicated so they can get your money, nothing else, it’s just a big industry…

[quote=“TheUnDiscovered”][quote=“Austin#34”]I he wants to not have an open mind about baseball than just leave him be!

LankyLefty did you get my PM? I sent it yesterday evening…[/quote]

Oh I have an open mind about many things, but in athletics it really is black and white, unfortunately. Many sources you will read make everything seem very complicated…Such as functional training, explosive workouts, stabilizer muscles, supplements, protein shakes, bands, etc… They make it complicated so they can get your money, nothing else, it’s just a big industry…[/quote]

there is a lot of bogus marketing in the fitness and supplement industry…but it is NOT black and white. You are unbelievably brainwashed if you think ALL protein shakes are bad, any supplement is bad, all band exercises stink, etc.

you need to learn to SIFT THROUGH the BS, rather than discard EVERYTHING that does not agree with your current beliefs. Sure some supplements are useless scams (Nitric Oxide preworkout supplements for example) but others are legitimate. Sure you can be an idiot who doesn’t know how to use a jumpstretch band the right way or you can effectively program specific band-resisted exercises into a routine provided they are in -line with the goals of that program. You can be an idiot and work your “stabilizer muscles” by balancing on a bosu ball while doing dumbbell curls for “proprioception,” or you can implement legitimate shoulder stability accessory exercises into a program such as elevated swiss ball pushups…

you see UnDiscovered, its really not black and white.

Eh, leave him be. He’s the Dr. Marshall of training on LTP. It’s funny.

@Undiscovered

Belive it or not, one of the purposes of this site, is to ask questions to a group of people who have gone through all of the BS and found the info that will help you be a better pitcher. If you chose to have a one tracked mind and ignore what people who know what they’re talking about are trying to get through your thick head, then thats your loss and not ours.