Learning opposite hand?

do you ever wish you were born a lefty or something? like me I can hit better left handed but i’ve always hit righty, idk why. and my left handed throw is pretty good except im inconsistent with the release point, I prolly throw 55-60 lefty, 70-74 righty. im 15 yr old sophomore in highschool, would it be possible to learn how to throw lefty?

Man, You are lucky!I wish I could hit and or throw lefty…

I bet you could learn to throw lefty with a lot of practice. Just remember though you have to be able to catch. If you are right eye domanant it is going to be hard to learn to catch left handed.

[quote=“Waino50”]Man, You are lucky!I wish I could hit and or throw lefty…

I bet you could learn to throw lefty with a lot of practice. Just remember though you have to be able to catch. If you are right eye domanant it is going to be hard to learn to catch left handed.[/quote]

see I can crush the ball lefty, I hit the sweet spot everytime I just havent tried it against live pitching yet or in BP but i will. and lefty everyone else looks liek a girl when they try to throw lefty. but my mechanics are sound lefty and Its just my release point I mess up on.

A kid at a rival HS blew out his right arm before his junior season. He spent the entire winter learning to throw with his left arm, and although he only plays first base, he was successful in his mission.

He’s now playing DI college ball.

Probably

Check this out:

[quote=“4Joram”]Probably

Check this out:

[/quote]

thats what got me excited lol cept I come from 3/4’s both ways, would it even be worth doing? I was thinking if I can get up to high 70’s lefty I could play some CC or JC ball. cuz a kid from here did that. sooner or later I think i’d just stick with lefty or righty whichever was better.

does anyone know where I can get a cheap one of those gloves that fits both hands?

The younger you are the easier it is to learn to do things with the opposite hand/arm. Honestly you’re probably too old at this point to be learning how to throw with the opposite hand. Billy Wagner was 5 or 6 when he switched to left handed because of a broken right arm. He writes and eats with his right hand.

he was 8, and I just seen a few kids on youtube who learned to do it at 10.

another reason I wanna throw lefty is cuz my coach favors lefties, seein how he himself was a D1 left handed pitcher. there is only 1 lefty on my team and he is 12 and in the 8th grade. he throws about 50 mph with some movement and no offspeed. yet he is on varsity, he cannot hit but has a decent arm. he threw 2 innings in the varsity tournament we just got back from.

I went and threw about 50-75 pitches lefty and about 75% of those landed in the dirt or I ended up throwing sidearm which I dont want. the ones that were 3/4 arm angle that actually hit the zone were about 40 mph so not good… bummer