leading with the hips

i never done that before and is trying to change i start moving forward while lifting my front leg it sure helps delay my shoulders and i am still facing third when my front foot lands but it extremely uncomfortbale. should i continue to practice this way it feels like my back is about to snap off from rotating that late

Any change a pitcher makes will feel strange. You need to stick with it and give it a chance. On the other hand, you should stay within tolerance. If it is causing pain or other serious discomfort, then you should back off.

You might want to try starting the hips not as early. Back off a little on the adjustment until you get comfortable. Then push it even earlier. In other words, take it in steps.

it’s nothing painful just really uncomfortable. is my shoulders supposed to be delayed that much?? because when my front foot hits the ground i am still facing the third base side. i get youi guys a video tm thanks though

If you take a look at Jeff Weaver you can see he just starts to open up his shoulders when his front foot plants, and he is still facing third base.
Maybe you should try opening your hips a tiny bit earlier so it is more comfortable? But im not an expert so im not totally sure if thats the right idea. That video would help for sure.

And how about our bullpen last night. Ruining Glavine’s chance at 300…
:wink: :x

The proper sequence is this:

Front foot and leg open up into foot plant (so that front foot points at home plate). This usually causes the hips to start opening up since most pitchers don’t have enough flexibility to open up the front foot and leg while keeping the hips completely closed. Once the front foot plants and the front leg braces, the back hip rotates around the front hip thus completing hip rotation. Once the hips have completed their rotation, then the shoulders rotate. When we talk about delaying shoulder rotation, we’re talking about keeping them closed until the hips have completly opened up as that maximizes the stretch in the torso and loads the muscles to pull the shoulders around fast.

i actually mean like the whole upper body is delayed i can’t really explain until i get a video and i can share it with u guys tm thanks so much though

NEVER SHOULD ME A DELAY IN ANY WIND-UP

Look at Justin Verlander its all nice smooth but quick and explosive thats what you want. No stop or pause or delay you just want to throw the ball and move the body fast don’t over analyze your self.

this is what i mean when leading with my hips it looks a lot smoother in thsi video when i was jsut trying ti out at the park but it really uncomfortbale. u see hiow my upper body starts to rotate after my ffront foot lands.i get u guys a video on a mound actually throwing a ball tm but thanks

FASTER FASTER FASTER WHILE IN CONTROL.

Move the body fast ok don’t think just go hard at plate then rotate and throw the faster you move linear the more power you can apply rotationally to the wind-up.

[quote=“RIstar”]FASTER FASTER FASTER WHILE IN CONTROL.

Move the body fast ok don’t think just go hard at plate then rotate and throw the faster you move linear the more power you can apply rotationally to the wind-up.[/quote]
dan haren stops completely and hes a great pitcher and throws 91-94

i think what ristar means by that is that guys throw that hard because they are explosive after there leg kick i dun think the leg kick affects it as much and u need to be explosive when u push off the mound adn rotating ur body

[quote=“RIstar”]NEVER SHOULD ME A DELAY IN ANY WIND-UP

Look at Justin Verlander its all nice smooth but quick and explosive thats what you want. No stop or pause or delay you just want to throw the ball and move the body fast don’t over analyze your self.[/quote]
I believe the only delay METS! is talking is delaying shoulder rotation. Just because shoulder rotation is being delayed doesn’t mean the entire delivery is being delayed. Shoulder rotation needs to be delayed long enough to allow the hips to fully rotate as that maximizes the stretch-shortening cycle of the muscles in the torso.

Yes mets you don’t need to have a high leg kick at all the throw hard it’s all about momentum and the speed you get to foot plant so then you can turn it into rotational power.

Roger thanks for clearing that up.

here are 2 new videos of the back and the side it wasn’t that good because he mound was kind of flat but i will try to get a new video. Please tell me any flaws that i have in my delivery and in these 2 videos i was trying to lead with my hip but it caused me to be unbalanced the whole time so i still practicing. Also in the videos i was throwing about 70% so i hope that doesn’t change any of my “real” mechanics. So any help would be nice thanks

NEXT TIME THROW AT GAME SPEED OK.

Also you need to throw the ball in there HARD. Don’t lob it even if you were throwing 75% thats still to light.

THings you need to work on.

GO FASTER sideway’s so you can then turn the linear power into rotational power. Start to throw more at 95% so you get use to throwing harder.

Your tempo is to slow and the speed at which you get to the plate seems like for ever look at JUSTIN VERLANDER AND ROY OSWALT and how QUICK THEY ARE TO THE PLATE.

Right now you are throwing with the arm not the body. Your body needs to go fast to get the velocity of the core to pull the arm around fast right now you are using all arm.

Don’t think just move fast and try to hit the spot. that will work alot better then TRYING TO THROW WITH THE BODY AND THINKING ABOUT IT TO MUCH WHICH WILL MAKE YOU THROW SLOWER WITH LESS BODY MORE ARM.

its hard to correct you because it doesnt look like your into it, pitch like if you were in a game.