Lead Leg Foot Angle

I’ve noticed for a while now that many people point their leg leg foot down during their leg kick. Personally, I have my foot parallel with the ground during my leg kick. Are there any benefits from doing it one way or another?

LOL

Do what make you fell comfortable. ok either way is normal.

STOP With all the questions just get a video and we can help tell you what is wrong and then have you imporve from there but we need a video.

lol im workin on it i filmed myself but my camera is old so i cant get da vid on my computer so tom im gunna throw n film it wit my fone n put dat up here it will be a lil choppy but i mean its da best i can do so hopefully ill have sumtin up tom.

[quote=“RIstar”]LOL

Do what make you fell comfortable. ok either way is normal.

STOP With all the questions just get a video and we can help tell you what is wrong and then have you imporve from there but we need a video.[/quote]

RIstar you have no room to alk about posting alot of things and asking questions you pry lead this website in all time post…seriously

Some coaches teach letting the foot hang (which results in the foot pointing down) to keep it relaxed. Others teach actively pointing it down because they believe doing otherwise causes you to plant on your heel.

My opinion is that you shouldn’t worry about it. There is some merit in staying relaxed but landing on your heel doesn’t usually cause problems. Besides, landing on your heel is usually a symptom of another problem.

What is the problem that landing on the heel is a symptom of? Because when I looked at my video of my self i do kinda lend on my hell (ill try n post a vid tom.)

[quote=“magicbumm328”]What is the problem that landing on the heel is a symptom of? Because when I looked at my video of my self i do kinda lend on my hell (ill try n post a vid tom.)[/quote]I read it stops the hips from opening up as much as they should and stops momentum. Mark Prior does this and look how many injuries he’s had.

It can be a symptom of a posture issue or a lack of momentum. Or both.