Lbarber4's road to new years log

Goal: To put on 15-20 lbs by mid-january!
I’m a little over 130 at the moment, but my muscle memory should kick in pretty quick, and I’ll probably bump up to 136-137 in the next two weeks. Also, I’m 5’10-I’m small, but wiry! lol, but no, I’m going to put on this weight, and I"m going to throw 90 plus by next season, or maybe towards the end of next season., hopefully… It’ll come down to mechanics.

I focus on consuming protein/carbs from morning-evening, and then split my meals up into protein/fats.

My vegetable source: Blended spinach (Green Smoothie). I hate vegetables, but they’re healthy, so I blend spinach up, and drink it.

I will be deadlifting once a week-atlernating between rdl and sumo. Plyometric workout done on upper body day.

[b]Plyometric workout consists of:
3x5 Jump Squats
4x5 Box jumps
3x6 split jumps

The workout: Upper 1

DB Incline press: 3x10
BB Rows: 3x10
3 way shoulder raise: 3x10
Weighted Pullups: 3x…
Dips: 3x10
DB Curls:3x10

Lower 1:

Back Squats: 3-5x10-30
Front Squats: 3x5-10x30
Hyper Extension: 3x10

Upper 2:

DB Press: 3x10
DB rows: 3x10
Shoulder press: 3x10
Weighted Hammer Chins:
Dumbell Over Head Tricep Extensions: 3x10
Hammer Curls: 3x8

Lower:

RDL:3x5x10-20
DB Lunges: 3x10
Front Squats: 3x10[/b]

I supplement for Strength/size gains, as well as health reasons.

Supplementation:

Protein: GF Pro Cherry/dutch Chocolate
Cassein Protein: Xtreme formulations ultra peptide

Creatine: Controlled Labs Green Mag

Multi/Antioxidant/Fish oil/health:
Mega men multi
Vigor/Vitaberry plus
Now Super EPA
Now Ginger root
Now super enzymes

Lactic Acid buffering/endurance:
High Voltage Body Octane

USP labs Yellow Gold (anabolic-pump).

Supplements used on Workout day: Recovery:
BCAA: Excell

Post workout shake add in: 5-10 grams of Bulk L-leucine (aids in protein Synthesis).

I’m a pitcher who would like to hit 90 plus on the radar gun by this upcoming season. Currently, I’m throwing low 80’s, and the one thing that’s holding me back is my weight! Which I’ll be fixing in the next 5-7 months!

As far as weight is concerned, I’ve actually been losing weight over the last couple of weeks. I haven’t been able to get to the gym, but I’m fixing that problem. Currently, I’m waiting for my job interview to commence. I should be getting a call in the next week regarding employment, and will be working part time on the weekends to fund my training! I’m pretty much am fed-up with how this offseason has gone so far, and my parents don’t understand what consistency means when it comes to utilizing supplements/workouts. I will be paying for my gym membership, as well as changing my sleep schedule on certain days to compensate for my workout, which will happen, and no, there will be no more excuses for missed workouts.

Once I get the first paycheck, I’ll be working out before school, taking a taxi to the gym. However, in the next week, I’ll either be working out at the house, or take the bus to the gym in the afternoon. By working out before school, I’ll be able to get 3-4 meals in prior to going, since I’ll be sleeping during the day time, and waking up sometime around 9-10 o’clock at night.

Anyways, I’ll update later on how upper 1 workout goes.

Note: I’ve been using body octane for a little over 2 weeks. My last workout was 2 weeks ago, but I continued to use what I had left of one of my bottles. I have a full 50 day supply which I’ll be using during this log, and will probably order more when I run out.

Will recieve yellow gold probably on monday or tuesday. My order shipped out today.

And yes, I do use supplements, more then most. General health reasons, and I like trying new things.

Yellow Gold Info:

Super saturate (literally force feeds) muscle cells with glucose and amino acids
Block glucose uptake in fat cells
Potentiate the positive effects of insulin on muscle cells
Block triglyceride uptake in fat cells
Stimulate lipolysis
Improve lipid profile

I will post a link to this later that further describes what it is.

Well, I’ll update later today on how my workout goes. I placed an order last night, and will have about a 60-65 day supply of High Voltage body octane, and an 80 day supply of Controlled Labs Green magnitude-If I use the creatine every day, it’ll last 80 days. If I only use it on workout days, it’ll last 80 workouts.

I also bought an antioxidant complex called Now Vitaberry Plus, and will stack that with Vigor.

I should also be getting a gym membership in the next day or two.

Vitaberry info:

Green Mag Info:

School meals should be covered during the log, as well as breakfast on a daily basis. My goal is to get about 800-1000 calories in from breakfast-end of school.

If I get out of bed early, I’ll cook a meal, but If i don’t, I’ll probably just have a 1/2 cup of oats, 1 scoop cherry wpi, 8 oz lactaid milk. (350 calories). School wise: A couple of peanut butter sandwiches (which is about 480-500 calories). I’ll probably throw in something else to get the calories up. Anyways, I’m in school at the moment, so I’m gonna go.

I’ll probably switch out the long arm bb rows, too, and just do bent over rows.

Goal: 12 week period. 15-20 lbs.

They dont have a weight room at your high school?

I don’t know what it’s like for lbarber, but my current schools weight room is pathetic, there’s a reason our football team is 0-8. Everything is rusted to heck, really nothing is in decent shape. The bars are bent terribly, and I find it kind of sad that on the weight lifting record board for football they don’t have deadlift posted, and I don’t think they do the lift either.

For the program for basketball “conditioning” is kinda sad and sorry as well, I go, to essentially show I’m willing to work (coaches convey that if your not at the “not required” workouts your not working on your own), yet I know I can better workouts else where.

Oh and we’re so overcrowded, no access to weightroom during lunch, or even the library.

My litter rant about frustration that has come with an moving from an athletic dominant school, to an “average” school lol.

Yeah, our weight lifting room isn’t that great, but it gets the job done. Although, it’s not accessible enough to warrant any continous use.

My sister’s birthday was yesterday- we had company come over, so I moved the workout to today.

Day 1: Update on workout to come…

1 serving body octane

Meal 1:
4 pieces of cinnamon whole wheat toast (smart balance spread used).
1 chicken breast
8 oz lactaid milk
3 fish oil
1 vigor
1 multi
1 ginger root

Meal 2: Shake
1 cup oats
1 scoop dutch chocolate gf pro
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
16 oz lactaid milk

Meal 3:
1 cup of cinnamon oatmeal
8 oz lactaid milk
1 chicken breast
3 fish oil
1 vigor

Meal 4: Shake
8 oz lactaid milk
1 scoop cherry wpi
1/2 cup oats

Workout: Update on workout to come…

Notes so far: Absolutely no appetite today-I’m pretty much forcing everything down… I still have quite a bit of Grub On, since I stopped using it a little while ago, but I’m going to hold out on supplementing with it again. Other then that, I don’t have much energy today, and sleep hasn’t been that great lately. I can’t seem to wake up refreshed. :frowning: I’ve been constantly waking up about 4-5 hours after falling asleep. Somedays, I feel great, other days, however, I just lay in bed hoping to fall back asleep, only to realize I’ve just wasted 2-3 hours, and now have to get ready for school. But ehh, I’ll manage. I guess this is where self determination comes in-I could just not workout, and go to sleep, or I could step up my game, and think about what the kids around the world are doing to better prepare themselves for the future in order to reach there goals.

Sorry to hear that you can’t sleep well. Have you tried cutting out (or limiting) your caffeine intake during the day? It might be worth a shot.

[size=9]**I am probably the worst person to offer you advice on this stuff. Never had a problem with appetite, or getting lots of sleep. Probably would sleep 12-14 hours a night if nobody disturbed me :roll: **[/size]

Suprisingly, I’m not sure if I even have a caffeine intake, if that makes sense. I haven’t had any tea this week, and come to think of it, I haven’t had any soda in like a year or two.

I am, however, going to try out White tea pretty soon.

Anyways, Today will be the official start of this log! :slight_smile: After a strenous week, in which my sleep was absolutely horrible, but then again, I still slept-just can’t seem to wake up nice and refreshed like I’ve been able to do in the past. But anyways, here’s how things have been today.

Upon waking: Shake
1.5 scoops gf pro cherry protein
2 tsp Bulk L-Leucine (about 6.4 grams)
1 serving Man Body octane
1 vigor

Breakfast:
3 pieces of cinnamon whole wheat toast ( I use smart balance spread).
1 cup of oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon
Shake:
Lactaid milk
1.5 scoops cherry protein
2 tsp bulk l-leucine
3 fish oil
1 multi
1 ginger root

Appetite:
Grub-On

Meal 2:
1 green smoothie
2 pieces of cinnamon whole wheat toast
about a 1 cup of oatmeal
1 chicken breast
lactaid milk

Meal 3:
1 south beach diet pizza
Lactaid milk
3 fish oil
1 vitaberry plus
1 ginger root

Meal 4:
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop cherry protein
Lactaid milk

Pre workout:
1 serving Green Mag

Pre/during workout shake:
1 serving body octane
1.5 scoops cherry protein
2 scoops excell fruit punch

DB Incline press: 1x35x8, 1x40x6 (1x35x3), 1x35x5 (1x30x2)
BB Rows: 1x75x6, 1x105x10, 1x115x55 (1x125x4)! 1x115x5 (1x125x4)!
3 way shoulder raise: 3x10x10
Weighted Pullups: 1x10, 45 degree chins, bw+25x8 (bw+25x3), pullups, 1x4
Dips: 2x10, 1x6 (1x3)

Notes: I’m sipping on CL Green Magnitude at the moment, and prepping up for my workout. I will update in about 2-2.5 hours, and will further expand upon the day in this section. ttyl

Also, ran out of spinach, hence why I only had the one green smoothie.

In the mean time, watch this movie trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/trailer1/large.html

It was a pretty good workout, didn’t feel I needed to do any iso work on bi’s. I’m a little dissapointed with how I did on pullups, :(, but there’s always next time! :slight_smile: Other then that, hit a PR on bb rows, and felt solid on incline bench.

Body octane is definitely working. Felt like I had good recovery between sets, but man, the minute I tried to get back on pullups, ehh, just couldn’t make it up, lol… I will next time though! Anyways, I’ll update again a little bit later.

Alright, well, I’m doing lower 1 today. I"m going to workout at the house again, so I won’t be able to perform hyper extensions today. I may add good mornings in, but I haven’t decided yet. Woke up feeling pretty good, although I fell asleep after my postworkout shake yesterday, which was 1/2 cup oats, 1.5 scoops cherry wpi, 12-14 oz gatorade, 2 tsp bulk l-leucine, and then 1 vigor.

Upon Waking: Shake
1 serving body octane
1.5 scoops gf pro cherry protein
1 tsp bulk l-leucine
1 vigor

Pre breakfast type meal:
4 pieces cinnamon whole wheat toast
2 cups lacaid milk

Breakfast type meal:
4 pieces whole wheat toast
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 chicken breast
lactaid milk
multi
ginger root
vitaberry plus
3 fish oil

Meal 3:
1 Chicken breast
A little over 1.25 cups of oatmeal w/cinnamon
Lactaid milk

Pre workout:
1 serving green mag

Pre/during workout shake:
1 serving body octane
2 scoop gf pro
2 scoops excell
1 tsp bulk l-leucine
8 oz xfator gatorade

[size=18][b]Workout:[/size]
Back Squats: 135x6, 185x9, 1x165x11, 1x175x8, 1x135x15
Front Squats: 1x95x10, 1x105x10, 1x95x12
Leg Press: 1x180x8 (immediately after last set of front squats.

Notes: Green Mag gave me a nice a little energy boost going into workout, which was nice.

BO is definitely having noticeable effects on my workouts. I’m noticing faster recovery between sets, and I feel like I need to keep working those body parts because I can’t feel the burning sensation, lol.

Strength was definitely down somewhat, due to the fact that I hadn’t worked my legs in a little while, but I expect my strength rebound quickly in the following weeks.

Other then that, it was an okay day, and I look forward to continuing my progress on squats (front, and back)! Leg press was spur of the moment, and I will not be utilizing it greatly into my routine. Back was a little sore when doing squats- probably from the bb rows yesterday.

Also, first time doing front squats since last winter, but man, they give an ab workout! One more thing, I went very deep on squats, and stayed consisten with form through each change in weight! And I was able to make it to the gym today! :slight_smile: Working out at home is great, but it just doesn’t compare to working out at the gym! :slight_smile:

I’m going to try something different today regarding postworkout meal. I’m upping my protein intake during workout, and will sip on that pre/during/post, then follow the workout with a whole food meal 45-1 hour afterwards. I guess I’ll find out if this approach effects my recovery.

Vigor will be taken with postworkout meal.
As of now, I’ve been taking 2 vigor, and 1 vitaberry on a daily basis, as well as 6-8 fish oil. I will also take 3 fish oil in postworkout meal with multi, and ginger root added in.

Anyways, I’ll update later tonight.[/b]

Alright, well, yesterday was an off day, and I’m doing upper 2 workout today, so I’ll update a little later, probably after prison break and heroes.

[quote=“lbarber4”]Alright, well, yesterday was an off day, and I’m doing upper 2 workout today, so I’ll update a little later, probably after prison break and heroes.[/quote]isint that a little too much?

Ehh… Actually, yes, I’ll admit that I was a little too sore to workout yesterday-chest was still sore from the other day, and back was a little sore, too. At the moment, I’m experiencing DOMS, probably due to the fact that I went out about 2.5-3 weeks of not working out that often, but with time, recovery should quicken.

As I mentioned the other day, I went fairly deep on squats-as far as form goes, I stayed consistent through each change in weight, and as of today, and yesterday, I’m still feeling it in the ham/glute area.

I’ll update on how things go today.

Thrusday, I’ll do Lower 2, and then the cycle will continue from there on in which I’ll exercise every other day, upper, off, lower, off, upper, off, lower, off. Anyways, I’ll be sure to update after my workout is over.

So you having sucess with the Body Octane?

I’m looking at a non-creatine workout boost.

Haven’t you tried man clout?

Was curious as to what your thoughts were as I’ve read it can be as effective as creatine.

I love body octane! And I highly recommend trying it! Plus, it taste awesome, which is a good thing. One thing I’ve been doing with it is having one serving of it early on in the day, and then mixing it in with my pre/during workout shake, and sipping on it as I work out.

I find it to be an effective way to boost carnosine levels, and the benefits of beta alanine alone are bginning to show promise! Hence the idea to stack clout/body octane makes sense due to the synergy effect created between the two- 6.4 grams of betal alanine total. But even one could get orotine, and maybe buy bulk beta alanine, and stack that together. Could be effective, anyways…

I enjoyed clout while I was on it, but I don’t believe I used it to its full potential. Stay tuned, I’ll be running it again about 3 months, following christmas break. Green mag should run out by then, since that last for about 2.5 months. Following this log, which I’ll be running for 12 weeks, I’ll take a break from body octane, and then stack it again with clout, doing a full 50 day cycle between the two, seperating the doses through out the day to prevent any stomach issues which could arise. One thing I’ve noticed in the clout reviews, that others have posted, are strengh gains reported, not necessarily size gains.

I would choose body octane over clout, imo. You’ll love body octane, trust me. I’m attempting to make it a staple.

Hey, sry for the lack of updates. Just give me a few more days. We’ve been remodling our upstairs-new flooring, and I’m attempting to get a new schedule down. One that would have me lift in the morning prior to school.

Anyways, Diet has been the same, and I haven’t stopped taking body octane. Updates on workouts will continue this week, or at the start of next week.

If I’m able to get done what I would like to get done, I would be lifting around 3:30 a.m. at worlds gym in town, probably taking a taxi to get there. But details to come. I’m going to call up some of the services around here to see how much it would cost to go from my house to the gym. I would be doing this 2-4 days a week. I also should be getting a job in the next week or two to help pay for my training. I’m planning on working part time. Hopefully around 16-20 hours a week. Anyways, ttyl.

Edit: Well, I applied for a job today, and should be hearing back from them this week. I’m working at carrs grocery. I was going to try and get a job at worlds gym in town, but the odds of that happening are slim-none, and I’ve worked for this company before which should make the hiring process go a lot smoother. In other news, I saw my old manager as I was leaving the store, and was offered a job with pepsi once I turn 18. I guess around mid march, I’ll probably apply for them. Anyways, I’m out… I guess this plan of mine is beginning to see light, and hopefully I can get this going in the next couple of weeks! :slight_smile: It’s all about ambition!

Taxi cap should cost around 15-20 dollars total. So I should have money to cover the cost of that, and my gym membership, as well as supplementation!

Alright, well, as of today, I’ll be continually updating every other day.

Today is upper 1, sunday-lower 1.

I’ll update on how upper 1 workout goes later. I also edited the first post in this log, too.

anyways, here’s some info on yellow gold (anabolic pump).

I’ve been following the logs on it for quite some time, and have pretty much read every post regarding the product, and the safety of the product, since that’s my number 1 concern. I should be getting it in on monday, since it shipped out today.

http://www.usplabsdirect.com/

It’s not avaiable yet, but will be in a couple of weeks, I think. Jacob, the owner of USP Labs, however, did a special with the owner of Nutraplanet.com (Sam), and released the bulk powder of it. After this special, it will not be avaiable in bulk powder, but only capsules. Seeing how the product tastes terrible, I bought some caps for it, and will be capping it myself.

Hey, sry for not updating last night, I was pretty tired, and fell asleep… So I’m just going to perform the workout early afternoon alaska time.

Also, if I’m slacking on the log, just give me a heads up by posting. I’m using this as motivation to get my workouts done on the assigned days. Like I said, I’m going to do my best not to miss any workouts over the next 12 weeks.

Anyways, here’s how things look for today:

Upon waking:
1 scoop cherry wpi
1 serving body octane

Breakfast:
1 scoop gf pro dutch chocolate
2 tbsp natural peanut butter (skippy natural)
16-20 oz lactaid milk 1 % reduced fat
1 cup oats
vigor
multi
2 fish oil
ginger root

Meal 2:
4 pieces wholewheat cinnamon toast
1/2 cup cinnamon oatmeal
1 boneless chicken breast
lactaid milk

Meal 3:
4 pieces wholewheat cinnamon toast
1/2 cup cinnamon oatmeal
1 boneless chicken breast
lactaid milk
2 fish oil
vitaberry plus

Meal 4: Shake
1 scoop dutch chocolate wpi
16-20 oz of milk
1 cup oats
2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Pre/during workout nutriton
1 serving green mag 30-45 minutes prior to warm up

Pre/during workout:
2 scoops excell
1 scoop cherry wpi
1 serving body octane

[b]Workout:

DB Incline press: 1x30x8, 1x45x4 (1x35x5), 1x45x3 (1x35x3, (1x30x2)…
Long armBB Rows: 1x2x35 lb platesx10,1x3x35 lb platesx7, 1x70 lbx10
3 way shoulder raise: 3x10, 3x7.5 for interior deltoid, or something to that effect. The one where you’re bent over.
Weighted Pullups: 1x10 CGPullup, B+25x8 hammer chins, BW+50x2, BW+30x5, BWx8
Dips: 2x10, 1x6, 1x4

Notes: Strength was okay today, but then again, I haven’t worked out since the 21st.

Pumps felt good, nothing new to report here.
Green Mag gave me a nice little energy boost going into the workout, and it helped me push out a few more reps, as well as keep my strength.

Body Octane: Sipped on this while working out. Recovery was pretty good between sets, and endurance was pretty good also.

First time doing long arm bb rows. I did a warm up set with the bar to get the form down, and strength should improve on this as I continue to do the exercise from week-week.

Other then that, not a bad workout.

Aggression: 7.5 (could have used more on db incline presses!)!
Strength: 7 Not bad considering I haven’t worked out in 2 weeks…
Recovery: 8 Recovered pretty quickly between exercises, and went at a pretty fast pace at the beginning of the workout! 30 second rest times.
Energy: 8 Felt pretty good going into workout, and energy levels actually rose as I continued from one exercise to the next! I attribute that to some of the supplements I use.

Overall: 7.5 Workouts will continue to get better as I progress, and man do I look forward to it! I’m out for now… I should be receiving anabolic-pump on monday! I will be futher increasing my carb intake while on this!!![/b]

Breakfast/before school:
[size=12]18-20 oz lactaid milk[/size]
[size=12]1 scoop gf pro dutch chocolate[/size]
[size=12]1 cup oats[/size]
[size=12]2 tbsp natural peanut butter[/size]
[size=12]2 ginger root[/size]
[size=12]1 vigor[/size]

After School:
[size=12]1 scoop gf pro cherry wpi[/size]
[size=12]1 serving body octane[/size]

Meal 2:
[size=12]1 cup cinnamon oatmeal[/size]
[size=12]1 boneless skinless chicken breast[/size]
[size=12]lactaid milk[/size]
[size=12]2 fish oil[/size]
[size=12]1 vitaberry plus[/size]
[size=12]1 multi[/size]

Meal 3:
[size=12]4 pieces whole wheat cinnamon toast[/size]
[size=12]1/2 cup cinnamon oatmeal[/size]
[size=12]1 boneless skinless chicken breast[/size]
[size=12]lactaid milk[/size]

Meal 4:
[size=12]18-20 oz lactaid milk[/size]
[size=12]1 scoop gf pro dutch chocolate[/size]
[size=12]1 cup oats[/size]
[size=12]2 tbsp natural peanut butter[/size]
[size=12]2 fish oil[/size]
[size=12]1 vitaberry plus[/size]

Pre workout:
1 sample package of Controlled Labs purple wraath
1 serving Green Mag

Pre/during workout nutrition:
1 serving body octane
1 scoop cherry wpi
2 scoops excell[b]

Workout:

Back Squats:
DB Lunges
Front Squats

Notes: Not much of an appetite today.

Agression:

Strength:

Recovery:

Energy:

Overall:

I’ll update after my workout. I’m going to be taking a taxi to the gym later tonight.
[/b]

lbarber…if you dont mind me asking, how hard do you throw now, and secondly are you focusing at all on mechanics and throwing in the off season, they are very important contribution wise to your velocity. Also make sure when you lift your body remains equally proportioned because this could throw your body off if its not and therefore your mechanics will falter. Just talking from my own experience when I made this mistake my sophmore year in highschool.

I was hitting low 80’s, high 70’s consistently. I also dealt with injuries during this past season, and didn’t pitch that often, but I did quite well during our fall ball season.

I work on my mechanics daily, and living in alaska, I don’t have as many opportunties to work specifically on my baseball skills-throwing from a mound. However, an indoor facility may be opening up this coming january, or february. I’ll be able to do my throwing there.

Note: this is the same facility that opened up last year around that time. A team here in town rents out a warehouse, and makes it in to a baseball facility.

My goal for right now is to focus on gaining weight. It’s the one thing that’s holding me back, and not to sound arrogant, or conceded, I believe I have potential to consistently hit 90 plus in the next year if I’m able to increase my weight.

Anyways, updates to come, I’m a little busy at the moment. Taxi cab did not work out for me last night. :x So I’ll be hitting up the gym tonight, hopefully. I had quite a bit of energy last night, too, and had a rough nights sleep because I didn’t get my workout done. I’m dissappointed in myself, but you can’t always get what you want. If I can’t make it there tonight, I’ll figure out something to do here at the house.

Anyways, to answer your question: I’ll start throwing early february.