Last Post

This will be my last post outside the pitching logs forum.

I’ve always believed one should be have integrity when posting. That’s why I’ve fought hard against people who have come on these boards pushing theories with little or nothing behind them as if they are proven facts.

Now I’ve been told that calling a motivational speaker with little or no baseball background, who is pushing a theory at young, impressionable people as if he has some expertise, a snake oil salesman is a personal attack. Of course he has also posted that he is a computer systems analyst and that he is a regional pitching cross checker. The regional pitching cross checker claim was about a year ago. Sure and I’ve got a toll bridge in Brooklyn to sell.

There are some who would define all motivational speakers as snake oil salesman. There are others who would define anyone without expertise who tries to pass themselves off as an expert as a snake oil salesman.

It took more than that for me to do so. It was the reality that time and again when faced with facts that disproved his ideas or his methods that he would baldly deny them.

Sorry, but I cannot continue to post with integrity without calling out someone like that so I will simply not post outside the pitching logs anymore.

I’m not an expert and I’m willing to admit it, so I don’t see it as any big loss for the forum. My only hope is that there are others who will caution some of these impressionable young kids to think for themselves and look into people’s background and experience before swallowing what they are presenting hook, line and sinker.

CADad,

This site is all about the free flow of information and the open exchange of ideas - even if that information or those ideas are not correct. It’s part of the learning process for many. When incorrect information or ideas or recommendations are posted, it’s up to others to disagree, debate, and refute them. But you know that because you’ve done that.

Your experience and knowledge has been and is a valuable part of this site even if you aren’t an expert as you say. (Are any of us really experts? I think not. Rather, we all have different experiences and viewpoints.) I truly hope you’ll reconsider and continue posting in other forums.

CADad
I’m very sorry to hear about your decision. You stated that you’re “not an expert” but I believe you’re closer to that than you may be willing to admit or your humility allows you to admit. You have knowledge that kids on this board looking to improve will not have the benefit of. I hope you will reconsider your decision and add your recommendations for those kids.

CaDad I don’t get it. First you are railing because you want to protect kids from poor or injurious advice, then on the other hand when you are not allowed to rail against the perveyer of this information, your going to take your stuff and go?!? What of the kids you are attempting to protect? I was called a pompus a$$ by Paul Nyman because I asked him for a little less attack and a little more content. Look at the stuff hes given us since then…imo outstanding reasons we should pay attention to his theories and expertise instead of being turned off by his ranting at what turns out to be insignificant (In the context of how outstanding his input has subsequently been) minutia.
I’m likely the least expert of all of us, I’m some kids dad and pretty much that is it, but I can ask questions…so can you. Instead of moderating your approach and just letting your superior logic win the moment…you cede the forum to those you feel give bad/injurious advice. I don’t get it.

To be honest on the situation I have to say this web site destroyed my baseball pitching mechanics almost but as soon as I set back from the bad knowledge everything went back to normal and my mechanics are fine. What I’m trying to say is alot of people have good and alot of people have bad information but we all have to live with it. CaDad I hope you don’t just not post at all on the pitching mechanics but tell your opinion on the subject more often.

For one thing I think people are NUTS on this site LOL. They over anaylize alot of the pitchers that you see and I was one of them {like my arm action}

Cadad don’t back out of the whole site unless you know you know that it’s the best thing to do.

Free Speech

[quote=“RIstar”]To be honest on the situation I have to say this web site destroyed my baseball pitching mechanics almost but as soon as I set back from the bad knowledge everything went back to normal and my mechanics are fine. What I’m trying to say is alot of people have good and alot of people have bad information but we all have to live with it. CaDad I hope you don’t just not post at all on the pitching mechanics but tell your opinion on the subject more often.

For one thing I think people are NUTS on this site LOL. They over anaylize alot of the pitchers that you see and I was one of them {like my arm action}

Cadad don’t back out of the whole site unless you know you know that it’s the best thing to do.

Free Speech[/quote]

They only did what you asked RIStar. No one here ruined your pitching mechanics. YOU did. Many of us told you to lay off this site for awhile because you were like a kid in a candy shop who eventually got some cavities.

Take responsibility. :cry: Integrity is long gone from the sport of baseball.

[quote=“RIstar”]To be honest on the situation I have to say this web site destroyed my baseball pitching mechanics almost but as soon as I set back from the bad knowledge everything went back to normal and my mechanics are fine. What I’m trying to say is alot of people have good and alot of people have bad information but we all have to live with it. CaDad I hope you don’t just not post at all on the pitching mechanics but tell your opinion on the subject more often.

Free Speech[/quote]

That is such a ridiculous statement, I don’t even know where to begin. Who was really NUTS on this site? How many times did you post? How many times did you change your opinion on pitching mechanics? How many new gimmicks did you get sold on? Who asked for advice on your mechanics? Who took that advice, used it, then bashed everyone here? Who REALLY overanalyzed everything?

www.letstalkpitching.com destroyed your pitching mechanics. Think about that for a second. The web site destroyed you. Amazing.

RIStar, you have got to be joking. You are the one that ran around here like a maniac writing all these treatises on pitching theory and mechanics. You spent weeks trying to get everyone to go to your website and use your workout. That was YOU! Not the people here.

Even though this is hijacking CADad’s post, I just have to call you to the carpet on this one. You need to take responsibility for your own failures, not try to blame those that tried to help you. In fact, looking through the posts, most of the time you refused to even take the good advice you were given, chosing instead to argue or bring up your catch words, like “momentum,” “multi-planar,” and all the rest. I dont see how you can blame others when you never took their words seriously.

Trying to blame others for your flaws is just an excuse for poor performance. Own up and get better.

[quote=“CADad”]This will be my last post outside the pitching logs forum.

I’ve always believed one should be have integrity when posting. That’s why I’ve fought hard against people who have come on these boards pushing theories with little or nothing behind them as if they are proven facts.

Now I’ve been told that calling a motivational speaker with little or no baseball background, who is pushing a theory at young, impressionable people as if he has some expertise, a snake oil salesman is a personal attack. Of course he has also posted that he is a computer systems analyst and that he is a regional pitching cross checker. The regional pitching cross checker claim was about a year ago. Sure and I’ve got a toll bridge in Brooklyn to sell.

There are some who would define all motivational speakers as snake oil salesman. There are others who would define anyone without expertise who tries to pass themselves off as an expert as a snake oil salesman.

It took more than that for me to do so. It was the reality that time and again when faced with facts that disproved his ideas or his methods that he would baldly deny them.

Sorry, but I cannot continue to post with integrity without calling out someone like that so I will simply not post outside the pitching logs anymore.

I’m not an expert and I’m willing to admit it, so I don’t see it as any big loss for the forum. My only hope is that there are others who will caution some of these impressionable young kids to think for themselves and look into people’s background and experience before swallowing what they are presenting hook, line and sinker.[/quote]

I object to people being labled. You’re obviously talking about chris, and it’s not fair. Has an MLB team hired you?

Goodbye,

Slurve

my mechanics did not get 100% destroyed I though I would listen to a couple people I though new alot and could help me. BUT that did not work at all because it was not good information from the majority.

Cadad don’t leave.

CADad youre gonna leave a forum becuase some people are retarted? if youre going by that then dont bother leaving your front door every morning. work around people that are not being productive in your opinion and continue to be productive yourself

PS RIStar is gettin raped all over this forum lol

[quote=“slurve22”][quote=“CADad”]This will be my last post outside the pitching logs forum.

I’m not an expert and I’m willing to admit it, so I don’t see it as any big loss for the forum. My only hope is that there are others who will caution some of these impressionable young kids to think for themselves and look into people’s background and experience before swallowing what they are presenting hook, line and sinker.[/quote]

Wow. What a jerk. CAdad, i’m happy you’re leaving. Good riddance.[/quote]
Slurve, I don’t really know you but if that is all you have to add, then keep it to yourself.

Wow, this is absolutely unreal. I can’t believe what I’m reading, especially out of slurve and RiStar.

First off, RiStar, we only responded to what you were asking for, and that is for help. You came on here and posted video after video and some of us responded in the best way we knew how. It’s up to you to decide if you like to information or not. It’s up to you to try the stuff, and if you like it and if works then keep at it. If you don’t then do what you want. Be your own man. But don’t be mad at the site because you waffled back and forth every other day about certain mechanics. It might help if you stuck to one thing and worked at it until it was fixed. Instead you wanted to rebel against everybody on here. Great work.

Nice comment slurve, it might be taken with one grain of salt.

f—

i know i’m being really immature

Yup, you are Slurve. Give it a rest.

How bout editing that post for the youngsters sake. Your better than that slurve! I enjoy your posting.

you enjoy my posting?

Most of the time I think you have good things to say.

I just want to tell you all that this is NOT my last post…this stuff is priceless, I feel very guilty that I get this entertainment for free !