Laies, ladies - control yourself!

Our bus broke down and it was during one of the hottest months of the year and it was unbearable in the bus – brown plastic seats, small windows, no ventilation. To make things worse, we were on a stretch of road with no trees and the spot that we stopped at was right next to a drainage ditch – which the mosquitoes wasted no time in finding us.

Across the road I saw a small flag, the kind that belonged on a golf course. Well low and behold it was a golf course.

Myself and two other coaches walk across the highway and entered the pro shop and asked if we could use their phone.

While waiting for road service we stopped off at the bar and after a few cold ones we struck up a conversation with someone that talked to golf course management, and seeing how we were burnt to a crisp from the sun and in need of showers and a place to change, arrangements were made to use the club’s facilities, but a new sprinkler system was being installed on one side of the course which affected some of the plumbing in the men’s locker room. The lady’s locker room was available, but we had to wait a few hours until the ladies golf league had completed their rounds. That extra time gave me and the other two to get back to the bus and inform the rest of the opportunity across the street. We then spent the next hour gathering all our stuff, reviewing with the guys to behave and stay away from the bar, don’t horse around and respect our hosts.

The bus took longer than expected to get road service so we were invited to eat at the golf club’s grill. That was a good arrangement since the lady’s shower could only accommodate three people at a time, and the golf course grill had standing room only, so we ate in shifts.

It was getting on evening, and still four guys hadn’t shown up to eat. I walked back to the lady’s locker room and about six elderly ladies were walking out and giggling like little school girls. After they left, I entered the shower area and there was our four guys - three behind a shower curtain and one behind a trash barrel with a face towel covering his … you know.

It seems that the elderly ladies got word that some ballplayers were taking showers in their locker room and they just had to get a peek. My guys said they felt like they were being eyed like prime rib or something, then our first baseman said… “ please don’t hurt us!!!” LADIIES, LADIES, … CONTROL YOURSELF!

Coach, you wouldn’t by any chance still have any of their numbers would you ??? :wink:

It was a while ago, but I’ll give it a shot…

The guys behind the shower curtains - was our first baseman who had number 34, the left fielder had number 16 … or maybe it was 61, at short was 21… he always was 21.

The man behind the trash barrel had number 87. His high number was due to the fact that he was a rookie and any number under 50-ish was reserved for retuning three year vet’s and older.

Like I said, it was a while ago. :hi:

Although I will admit it was a funny thing to tell the rest of the club and we joked about it for a while – out of the blue one of those guys told our skipper that the experience somehow had made him reconsider his plans to enroll in St. Thomas Seminary in Bloomfield, Connecticut so he could be a priest. I fail to see any relevance here… but that’s what happen.

I remember sitting in the visitor’s locker room in a cubbyhole of an office and the guy drops this bomb. But what I remember best, where all the reason for our head coach and manager trying to reason with him why he should maybe …”think things through a little more.”

Here are just some of the things he said to the guy:

• If the good Lord didn’t want to see great baseball would he have sent you anywhere else?
  • Think of all the good things that you can be doing for all the right reasons by making kids happy.
  • There’s going to be a lot less hits for other players to improve their game on.
  • We had your number reserved ya know.
  • I always wanted to say I knew at least one guy from this club that made it to the BIG’S.

Well, no matter what – the man had a great game that night, possibly the greatest game that our club had seen in some time. I was heading for the bus and although we won, and won big, our chief wasn’t in the mood. So, I came up with something like…” at least the guy is going to play for the big guy up stairs”, or some sappy thing like that. Only to be told to zip it, and to remind him to fire the bus driver when we got back … this is all his fault!

[quote]It was a while ago, but I’ll give it a shot…

The guys behind the shower curtains - was our first baseman who had number 34, the left fielder had number 16 … or maybe it was 61, at short was 21… he always was 21.

The man behind the trash barrel had number 87. His high number was due to the fact that he was a rookie and any number under 50-ish was reserved for retuning three year vet’s and older. [/quote]

John, I think he was asking for the numbers (Phone type) of them thar gals :wink:

Dino…You asked for it brother :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lets see…for a hot date we got…341-661-2121…but be careful if they go diggin those choppers out of the water glass :shock:
I just can’t believe how cool it is to be that without gile as coach…raised in the era where gentleman didn’t hit peeping tom old ladies up for their phone numbers :hide: :rolllaugh: :rofl2:

hey !!! it was worth a try… 8)

:bigroll: :bigroll: :bigroll: :bigroll: :bigroll: