Lactic acid?

I read that there is no lactic acid in the body after you are done pitching so running after you are done pitching doesn’t have to be done.

what are your thoughts on this?

i agree alot with this but ive seen posts saying theres no lactic acid build up or something(the icing your arm post) but i would recommend phosphogen elite…its main goal is to buffer lactic acid, when i use itmy recovery time is about 1 day to fully recover and without it about 2-3

I honestly don’t know the accuracy of the lactic acid claim. But increased blood flow does bring more oxygen and nutrients to the arm to help it start recovering from use. That alone is reason enough to do cardio after pitching.

By the way, according to House, statistics show that pitchers who pitch more frequently in their rotation generally have more success than those who pitch less frequently. This shows the value of a faster recovery and shows the importance of good nutrition and good arm care (including post-game cardio work).

By the way, according to House, statistics show that pitchers who pitch more frequently in their rotation generally have more success than those who pitch less frequently. This shows the value of a faster recovery and shows the importance of good nutrition and good arm care (including post-game cardio work).

In amateur ball, where the training and support facilities fall short of their professional counter parts, proper care of one’s body after an appearance is by no means an accident. Hence, those that plan and ready themselves for good post game care… and DO IT… are naturally relied upon to carry the team’s rotation and the jobs of the coaches that are PAID to manage it.

A pitcher that can be relied upon to take care of himself/herself will always be front and center on the minds of the coaches during their planning stage.

So, you take care of yourself… your coaches take care of you… you appear in a game more times then not … you get SEEN more … the more you’re seen, the better you get … goes full circle.

Roger has … as always, posted a great guideline to train by. In short, don’t discount what works… and has for years. The post game workout that Roger described is mandatory stuff on every major campus and professional itinerary. When combined with good nourishment and serious health maintenance, it’s a win-win situation.

Coach B.