knuckle ball

2 finger k ball grps

pictures…specific… thank u

Go to google images and type it in or maybe I can help you by linking you to
www.knuckleballhq.com
scroll down on the home page and there should be a link to pictures of k-ball grips.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/gallery/05_04_08_knuckleball?pg=3

go threw the pictures on that site[/quote]

Those pics. are of Charlie Zink’s grip which is 1 fingertip and 1 knuckler and Wakefield’s if you can’t tell is really just his middle finger because his index isn’t really on the ball.

[quote]Those pics. are of Charlie Zink’s grip which is 1 fingertip and 1 knuckler and Wakefield’s if you can’t tell is really just his middle finger because his index isn’t really on the ball.

[/quote]

the index is on the ball

your saying that is released off the middle right
makes sense cause it’s the longest finger

Look at pictures of his grip when HE is actually throwing it. There is a thread on knuckleballhq that shows this with several pictures.

i’ve seen them
idk

the index is on when it comes out the glove

how can he get no movement off of one finger
thats crazy :?

No spin is what you mean, not no movement.

Well Johnny Niggeling who pitched for the Washington Senators back when they had a starting rotation of all knuckleballers had good success and he used only his middle finger, it was almost a palm ball except the middle finger was curled so the fingertip was on it.

funny question

why isnt the knuckleball taught this way

and why only does the middle finger work

Look at MLB knuckleball pitchers. None of them have thrown it the exact same way. That’s just how it goes. It’s a pitch that you need to do what works for YOU. That’s what a lot of people don’t understand about it. Some people throw it with a stiff wrist and an early release point, however I know for a fact that Andrew Connor (D1 knuckleballer, lefty), whom I’ve talked to releases it at a fastball release point, loose wrist but a harder flick.