Knock on wood

I decided since I used wood in the off season for batting practice, I am gonna use wood for the season.

Exhibiton game: I got a single, 2 ground outs.

1st season game: 3 SO’s. (not the bat’s fault, when I swung, I took my eye of the ball, on all 3 SO’s.)

2nd season game: pop up, BB, SO (struck out using a metal bat)

I was hitting at the top of the order. And after the second game, I started to get my groove to start getting on base.

3rd season game: I got moved to 8th at bat, which made me really disappointed, so I decided to use a metal bat…

First at bat, I got a pop up in center field, the ball when pretty far, but its because of metal, if I used a wood bat, it would of just been a blooper.

second at bat, I walked, and third at bat, I decided to use wood, since we were winning by 8.

I got a game tomorrow, and I got no wood bat, so I’m forced to use a metal bat, but do you thin

So I go up to bat, and swing on inside pitch, hit the wrong part of the bat, and sadly the bat broke. Maybe karma, or maybe my coach was right, I should just use a metal bat.

I just wanted to use a wood bat, so I know that I am getting better or simply getting worse. My previous coach told me, that I’m hurting the team by using wood. But I want to benefit myself, since we are in a recreational team.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a wood bat for b.p. or in a blow out game but you should probably stick with an aluminum bat when you’re playing in a game. For the good of the team. Although I’ve heard, and I don’t know if it’s the truth or not that if you really hit it square with a wood bat that it can hit the ball harder and further than an aluminum bat.

But yeah stick with wood for b.p. an blow outs but in a competitive game just use the aluminum.

[quote=“Pustulio”]There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a wood bat for b.p. or in a blow out game but you should probably stick with an aluminum bat when you’re playing in a game. For the good of the team. Although I’ve heard, and I don’t know if it’s the truth or not that if you really hit it square with a wood bat that it can hit the ball harder and further than an aluminum bat.

But yeah stick with wood for b.p. an blow outs but in a competitive game just use the aluminum.[/quote]

yeah, I know that if you can hit the ball with a wood bat, you would hit farther and better with a metal bat, but since I got no more wood bat, and no money for another, I’m forced to use metal

Well how bad did you break it? If it’s just in two pieces you can tape it up and use it for b.p. I did that with my maple mizuno bat.

its mizuno bamboo composite. And the wood like split, like if I like push it on my knee, it would break in two pieces. Its a big ass crack.

but the next game I played with a metal bat, I hit:

2-3 / 2 H (singles) / 1 BB / 1 pop up.

[quote=“Pustulio”]There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a wood bat for b.p. or in a blow out game but you should probably stick with an aluminum bat when you’re playing in a game. For the good of the team. Although I’ve heard, and I don’t know if it’s the truth or not that if you really hit it square with a wood bat that it can hit the ball harder and further than an aluminum bat.

But yeah stick with wood for b.p. an blow outs but in a competitive game just use the aluminum.[/quote]

I’m a firm believer of that, heavier the wood bat the farther the ball goes. Simple as that!