knee pain

I got injured during football and im still having some pain in my knee and i guess what my question is… Im a righty and how could i pitch with out hurting my knee anymore?

Greg

Not enough info to say.

But I will say this… if you tend to stride to the throwing arm side and then throw back across your body, you will be putting extra stress on the knee (as well as the hip and ankle) because your shoulders will try to square up to the target which means they will try to rotate beyond the hips, knee and foot. So, in this case, moving to the left side of the rubber (for a RHP) can help as will changing your stride direction to be at the target.

It is my right knee and the doc just told me to wear my jumpers strap that my physical therapist gave me…

So i start practice monday but cant practice til thursday cause of physical…

But imma rest it but run a lil…

Sorry, don’t know why I assumed it was your stride leg.

[quote=“greg516”]It is my right knee and the doc just told me to wear my jumpers strap that my physical therapist gave me…

So i start practice monday but cant practice til thursday cause of physical…

But imma rest it but run a lil…[/quote]

ride a stationary bike

I talked to my dad who used to coach and he told me to do that and im gonna try to get into the school weight room so i can build some leg muscle but since im trying to make varsity i have to live with the pain or work it off then i have to try to learn atleast 2 new pitches in 2 weeks.

Greg

How did you injure it in football? Where is the pain? What doctor told you to just wear a jumpers strap? Those are worthless btw unless you count the placebo effect they may provide.

Either way they dont prevent the injury from getting worse. Was it a football injury or did it just get sore playing football? These would be important questions to know for a proper diagnosis.

See if you can find a kinesio taping practitioner in your area it works wonders on knee pain and inflammation.

Good luck

got hit from inside part of my knee… Its tender on the inside part… And im leaning more toward my wrap thing i have instead of the strap… Didnt help during practice today.

Inside part of knee could be medial meniscus or MCL sprain. If it continues to bother you a MRI may be in order. Normally a hit to inside of knee would sprain the LCL though.