Keeping Your Hand Behind the Ball

When I posted a video so that people could look at the my mechanics, here’s the link by the way, http://www.letstalkpitching.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11230, its also in my sig ^^
sunset told me that when I brought my arm back, I was actually holding onto the side of the ball rather than staying behind it and recommended that I instead just rear back as if I was taking a book off a bookshelf. I put this into my mechanics and I saw and INSTANT control boost. Could keeping your hand behind the ball really have that much of an impact on your control?

You bet it does, it is a key factor AND it puts the least amount of stress on the shoulder.
Another trick is to put a piece of electrical tape around the ball (I just described this on another thread…but what the heck it is so simple and useful) so that it is in between your fingers when you throw, it will also illistrate your arm slot \ or l or / or a variant degree, is what it will look like depending on the slot when you throw it properly and the line won’t wobble. You can also use it to show the rotation of your curve or sinker or slider or cutter or lack of rotate point of reference of the knuck.

You bet it does, it is a key factor AND it puts the least amount of stress on the shoulder.
Another trick is to put a piece of electrical tape around the ball (I just described this on another thread…but what the heck it is so simple and useful) so that it is in between your fingers when you throw, it will also illistrate your arm slot \ or l or / or a variant degree, is what it will look like depending on the slot when you throw it properly and the line won’t wobble. You can also use it to show the rotation of your curve or sinker or slider or cutter or lack of rotate point of reference of the knuck.[/quote]

Agreed on the hand behind the ball concept.

I like to use permanent markers for the same concept you described, jdfromfla. Works very well.

:lol: :lol: :lol: AND PUT INK On my nice baseball??? Of course if I wasn’t so cheap I guess I’d have more than one at a time :roll:

Being a true Canuck, I’ve used hockey pucks for this. :smiley:

There’s actually a product you can buy that is shaped like a plastic hockey puck but has some raised seams on the sides.

We’ll all miss BILLY MAYS!!!
Roger…I got a few more things to sell you… :wink: just $19.99 (As opposed to a .002 cents worth of electrical tape :lol: :lol: )…but wait…call today and…

ok what does staying on top of the ball mean??

Can someone show me a picture of “staying behind the ball”? i can imagine it but… yeah i can’t :lol:

i would like a control boost also~