Kc

hey kc im just kind of curious and if you dont want to answer you dont have to at all but im really just kinda wondering about you…age, weight, height…and it really seems like you know a ton about baseball training so i was wondering how you came about this knowledge, are you doing a baseball program, do you play baseball, and if so how has your program helped your baseball…sorry if this has been asked or if i intruded on your personal space but it just seemed like you really know your stuff and im starting to really work out and want to know if your workout program has really helped your baseball thanks

joel

[quote=“TropicalJoel”]hey kc im just kind of curious and if you dont want to answer you dont have to at all but im really just kinda wondering about you…age, weight, height…and it really seems like you know a ton about baseball training so i was wondering how you came about this knowledge, are you doing a baseball program, do you play baseball, and if so how has your program helped your baseball…sorry if this has been asked or if i intruded on your personal space but it just seemed like you really know your stuff and im starting to really work out and want to know if your workout program has really helped your baseball thanks

joel[/quote]
Nah, it’s cool.

6’2" and 194 pounds as of a couple days ago. 20 years old.
I played baseball from age 3 to 16 when I blew out my knee playing football in high school. I went away from baseball completely for a couple years, maybe a little burned out in addition to the injury. My younger brother’s team needed a coach one year, so I stepped in to help out and realized how much I missed the game. Thats when I started reading and posting here. So, to answer your question, I haven’t played competitive baseball for 5 years (slow pitch softball doesn’t count, right?) but I have been coaching for the past three (baseball, football, basketball, and softball a couple years ago).

The strength training is just stuff I have picked up and modified over the years. I took a weightlifting class at my University, which helped out a lot. But most of it is just reading, then applying different concepts to my own training or the training of someone I am coaching (our football team had some insane conditioning drills). I mentioned briefly somewhere else, but I actually train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, so most of my sports specific work is geared toward that. However, I have toyed around with the idea of starting a pitching program just for the hell of it. A chance to practice what I preach, you could say. If I have some free time after Christmas, I’ll probably do it and post the results here.

wow thats cool man thanks for answering good luck to you and your teams