KC i need a diet

i only get 3 maybe 4 times to eat a day, breakfast lunch dinner and sometime else in there, what types of food should i be eating…im going to start taking creatine, hydroxycut, protein next week

Well, keeping in mind that the ideal would be 5 meals or more, this diet obviously isnt the “optimal” as far as keeping metabolism high, and preventing muscle catabolism.

I dont subsribe to an extremely complicated eating philosophy, it’s just to hard to manage along with everything else (school, work, sports, strength and conditioning). It’s easier to follow certain guidelines and apply them across your eating.

1. Eat protein with every meal. If you eat 4 meals a day, then you’d want to get about 30-40 grams of protein per meal. Lean sources like chicken breast, fresh fish, turkey, lean ground beef, etc. are all excellent choices. Shakes work well if you are short on time.
  2. Eat lots of veggies. This is something most people skip. Veggies are great for providing the body with many essential nutrients, fiber, and other good stuff. Veggies also balance out the acidity created by meats. Acidity can be bad for muscle, as well as athletic performance. Get 3-5 servings of vegetables a day (more would be better).
  3. Save starches for post workout. Bread, potatoes, and most carbs are best utilized by the body after a workout (complicated, but it has to do with insulin sensitivity and some other things).
  4. Break the rules 10% of the time. This helps you to keep your sanity, as well as preventing the body from adapting to a certain eating pattern. There is no discernable different between someone who follows their diet 90% of the time versus 100%, so cheating now and again is fine. If you eat 4 meals a day, that would be 3 meals a week are open for whatever you want (pizza, tacos, etc.).

And there are some common sense things, like dont drink soda, sugary juices, etc.

So, a sample day would look something like…
Feeding 1:
2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
1 cup spinach
1 cup mixed fruit

Feeding 2:
1 chicken breast
2 servings any veggie
1/2 cup lentils or beans
1 serving fruit

Feeding 3:
8 oz. fresh fish
1 sweet potato
2 servings veggies
1 serving fruit

Feeding 4:
One serving lean meat (or substitute in a protein shake here)
1.5 cup low fat cottage cheese
Source of carbs (oatmeal, or healthy cereal)
1 serving veggies
1 serving fruit

Thats just an example, obviously. You can make adjustments based on your food preferences, but try to stay within this general framework.

You might hold off on the hydroxycut for a while though. Clean up your diet first, then see what happens with the weight. Any time you introduce an unnatural substance (which hydroxycut is) you run a risk of different problems.