Just the neccesities

theres alot of articles on here that is alot of theories…and plain out argueing…i really cant pick out what im trying to find out…and really, i dont know what im trying to pick out.

i just want to know then basics of effective mechanics…

for instance…landing with your foot open but with your upper body still closed.

and things like…landing with your 2 shoulders and throwing elbow in a linear line toward the plate.

and things like front side tilt.

thats really all i know…if someone could post a list of tips and instructions of mechanics in the order you do them in your wind up…i would much appreciate it.

well, the windup is different for everybody…its what is comfortable for you.
But for me, i start with a step back, while rising my glove up to head level at the same time, and turning my pivot foot in the meantime
Then I come set. The balanced postition, where your stride foot is about at knee level and pointing slightly down.
After that, I send myself forward, pushing off the rubber with my pivot foot and exploding toward home plate with all of that momentum that i have built up
And when i put the stride foot down, i point it towards my target plus following through with the throw.

Now i am not the most mechanically sound guy in the world, heck im probably far from it so i wouldnt recomend trying other peoples windups because they are usually uncomfortable for people who didnt get a feel for them. But if you want help, talk to your coach about helping you get a feel for a windup. And if this one works for you, thats great

well, the windup is different for everybody…its what is comfortable for you.
But for me, i start with a step back, while rising my glove up to head level at the same time, and turning my pivot foot in the meantime
Then I come set. The balanced postition, where your stride foot is about at knee level and pointing slightly down.
After that, I send myself forward, pushing off the rubber with my pivot foot and exploding toward home plate with all of that momentum that i have built up
And when i put the stride foot down, i point it towards my target plus following through with the throw.

Now i am not the most mechanically sound guy in the world, heck im probably far from it so i wouldnt recomend trying other peoples windups because they are usually uncomfortable for people who didnt get a feel for them. But if you want help, talk to your coach about helping you get a feel for a windup. And if this one works for you, thats great

[quote=“TheNumber35”]
But if you want help, talk to your coach about helping you get a feel for a windup. [/quote]

haha…thats the thing though…im on my own he for the time being cuase my current high school coach doesnt know shit about pitching…

Drew,

You ask a question that has no simple answer. If you want to learn the mechanics model of Tom House and the NPA, get House’s book, The Art and Science of Pitching. You can get it
http://www.nationalpitching.net/books.asp?][b]here[/b
for under $20.

get a video camera and film your throwing. thenget on the pitching clips portion of this site and see if you can find anyone who has the same body type that throws like you do that has pitched effectively for a long time. if not, try to simulate some of the pitchers you think have good mechanics and see if you can get comfortable ()it may take some time). after you do post some video and let’s take a look.

i do have one of me throwing. off the mound and everything. i also have a side and front view if your would like me to upload it. the link is

http://www.youtube.com/v/X_NOiEDji0c

unfortuanly i didnt get alot of feedback. alot of people didnt take interest in me or sumthin. if you could leave some feedback or sumthin that would be nice.

your a little bit taller than me, but you throw just pretty much just like me…but i really dont know how much more successful i will be in older leagues because im a freshman this year and have been pitching for 4 or 5 years now but i really havent been on any teams yet, i had a sprained wrist this year so i didnt try out for freshman baseball

[quote=“drew_14”]i do have one of me throwing. off the mound and everything. i also have a side and front view if your would like me to upload it. the link is

http://www.youtube.com/v/X_NOiEDji0c

unfortuanly i didnt get alot of feedback. alot of people didnt take interest in me or sumthin. if you could leave some feedback or sumthin that would be nice.[/quote]

your arm is not in the high cocked position at landing… it is actually completely paralel with the ground which is terrible for the arm… this is due to bad timing…

try not to raise your arms as your knee is coming up… it upsets timing because then the arm has to go back down and around to reach the high cocked position so it will take more time, you might see some improvement in control and durabilty in your arm as well as be able to throw harder without pain

yeah, now that youve mentioned it, i think thats also why my arm kind of flings out to the side even though in pulling down with my front shoulder.

do you thing that having a higher leg kig could fix this?

becuase the reason i think i land parallel is becuase my core strength isnt strong enough and my hip flexors arent strong enough yet for me to have a long stride and i longer stride would have more time for me to get in the high coked position.

what im sayin is becuase a higher leg kick will produce more momentum towards the plate becuase your leg is falling from a higher point, will i have a long stride?

from the angle, i don’t see any major problems. you just need to stay loose and work on getting more and more momentum moving toward the plate through your lower body.

i would focus more on building arm strength and strength in your body. i think that and a quality off-speed pitch are the keys to your success.

I think you need more tempo to build more momentum and lengthen your stride. A little bit higher knee lift could be beneficial too. This will create more energy to put into the ball and it will move your release point closer to home plate.

Why does the arm need to be in the high cocked position at landing? The hips still have to rotate before the shoulders rotate.

Why does the arm need to be in the high cocked position at landing? The hips still have to rotate before the shoulders rotate.[/quote]

Your are right… as long as the arm is vertical before shoulders turn is fine… BUT it is only natural that the shoulders turn when foot lands and you have to have a pretty stong core to prevent that which is the reason why people should have their arm vertical at landing… and yes the hips have to rotate before the shoulders but how much separation is based on flexibility and other factors which he stated he needs to improve… i have not seen any successful pitcher with their arm paralel to the ground at landing…

please correct me if i am wrong i am no expert… im just a kid that wants to learn more

And drew… a higher leg kick could help momentum but also try to get the hips started towards the plate early and i would focus more on getting that pitching arm out and up earlier