Just a quick question

Hi guys I’m 17 years old 5’7 130 pounds and I like to pitch leisurely if there’s such a thing. I was wondering where along your throwing arm should you be feeling “pain” after you’ve just about run out of gas?

The discomfort or soreness should be felt sort of by the underarm and maybe a little in the shoulder. It’s different for everyone though. It shouldn’t really be pain it should be soreness or discomfort.

this is the only thing not fun about pitching is the soreness you have to deal with from time to time.

You only have to worry when the pain feels like somebody is stabbing you with a knife or you see bruising. Other than that, keep the muscles loose and regain strength. Your muscles will tighten up after throwing so wait a day then make sure you loosen them up.

Make sure you warm up good and don’t over do it before you decide to go 100%. Do a gradual build up.

well i do feel the tightness underneath my bicep but i also feel some cramping/tightness in my forearm is that normal?

Good morning, don.
By “pitching leisurely” I guess that means you don’t throw very hard. There’s nothing the matter with that; a lot of major league pitchers have done that successfully, looking as if they threw hard but actually taking a lot off their pitches. But however you throw, you need to be sure you’re completely warmed up, and you need to relax. I have a sneaking suspicion that you’re tightening up somewhere in your windup or delivery, and that might be what’s causing the problem. So, after the soreness goes away, you might want to take a look at what you’re doing with your delivery—maybe get a good pitching coach to check you out on this. I’m sure it’s something that can be corrected with a bit of fine-tuning. 8)