Juco vs D1 route, injury. please help!

i am a right handed pitcher from iowa so our high school season is just getting started. i’m a junior and i’ve recieved interest from a few division 1 schools and junior colleges. right now i am dealing with a shoulder injury that ended up being due to a mechanical flaw and only needs rehab, mechanical tweaks, and time (thank god.) i have good command and last fall my fastball was in the mid 80’s range up to 86. obviously many schools want to see me throw this summer but cant yet due to the shoulder. We have a lefty senior going to kansas state and is very happy with his decision to go d1 if he doesnt go to the draft. the schools of interest are Creighton, Indiana St, Illinois -Chicago (UIC), Iowa, and Mississippi St for the d1 programs. i have gotten interest from some junior colleges such as heartland CC (Illinois),kirkwood cc, indian hills cc, and carl sandburg college. i have heard recruiting both ways but am unsure which will benefit me better in the long run and with the shoulder setting me back. i am very young looking in the face, still have no facial hair and am moderately tall (6’2’’) and skinny (165 lbs) i am really leaning towards the junior college route but if i come back throwing 88-90 by this fall then division 1 sounds like a definite possibility. please leave advice as i’m willing to listen! thanks a ton!

Go D1 if you can right of off highschool. The shoulder could flare up again in college in one of your first 2 years and if it does you’ll at least get the attention of professional medical people. Lots of JUCOs do not have top line medical staff.

Also if you go JUCO and the injury happens again, what D1 will want to take you then?

I agree that you should go D1 if you can out of high school.

By the way, I went to Kirkwood.

GO TO MARTY JENSEN IN WASHINGTON STATE AND HE WILL WORK UR ARM TILL IT GETS BETTER I GO THERE ALL THE TIME
[/youtube]

[quote=“REllis#2”]GO TO MARTY JENSEN IN WASHINGTON STATE AND HE WILL WORK UR ARM TILL IT GETS BETTER I GO THERE ALL THE TIME
[/youtube][/quote]

no one cares.

Given your current velos, I’d say D-I is probably a better route. If you were throwing harder without injury, Juco would probably be a quicker route to the pros. But getting a full education is certainly worth it.