Hello guys, it’s today (2/2/18), 4 days before freshman baseball tryouts I’ve decided too become a serious athlete of baseball. I’d like to reach atleast D1 or D2 and hopefully some sort of position in the pros. It seems optimistic as I’m only average now, but if I put in the work results are bound to come.
Heres a brief introduction:
Height: 5 foot 6.5
Weight: 138 lb’s
Pitches: 4 seam, 2 seam, changeup, curve
Velocity: 61-64 top 65 (3 months ago)
Posistions: RHP, Catcher, 2nd Base, and shortstop.
Short Term Goals
- Make the freshman team
- Begin to seriously work at my baseball game
- Get back to full health before the seasons gets to full swing.
- Get to 145-150 lb’s before full swing of season.
- Reach high 60’s to low 70’s by end of season with small in season workouts.
- Update this log every day.
- Play college baseaball at a D1 or D2 level
- Possibly a professional level if things go well in highschool.
Still bouncing back from a minor setback. With highschool tryouts this year, we decided to rent a cage to get some serious pitching in and I didn’t build up properly to a mound and got hurt. It wasn’t serious and is almost 100% healed now, 4 days before tryouts. I went to throw 30 flatground today, control and velocity was a problem. Only hitting 51-54 and had some control issues. Going to hit the gym and throw a little for the next few days to get that strength back for tryouts. Took some good reps today, getting used to a new wood bat. Didn’t do much practice past few days with my arm, hopefully to be at 100% strength and healed by tryouts
Thanks for reading,