Josh pitching

http://www.playerprofilepages.com/joshua-frank-2015/

From the stretch he is crossing the legs.

What do you mean by this?

Were they paying by the minute for this camp :lol: He sure seems to be in hurry to get to the next pitch. Aside from that, the one thing that stands out to me is that he appears to be striding a little too far open which tends to pull the hips open too soon and you loose the power chain from hips -> shoulders -> arm, etc. I would expect to see someone throwing as hard as he does to have that back leg getting yanked around and it just kind of comes forward.

I agree, slow down, balance more at the top of the post both in windup and stretch. More hip drive toward home (hershiser drill). Could also work on getting his back flatter and then allowing the left leg to come over more to help decelerate the pitching arm more (bucket drill), can you get some slow motion of him, impossible to see some things when you can’t see more than a blur when I stop this one.

What do you mean by this?
[/quote]

I’ll give you a hint , It wouldnt matter if he was a righty.

Thanks for the feedback. I think he was rushing- the clinic was a group session, and there were lots of kids. He also complained that his sneakers were slipping so I did get him a new pair that grip better. I will run the suggestions by him. Thanks again!

Plaz, I think we all know what it means to “cross the legs”, as with many suggestions I think its more about “what is the real issue here”. There in fact are many good pitchers that “cross their legs” do you see an issue as to this pitcher crossing? Or is it just the fact that you don’t feel like pitchers should do this. And what’s with the cryptic response? Give us your feelings don’t dance around it.

Here is a clip of Lincecum crossing and I’m sure you can come up with just as many that don’t, but what about this kid.

http://www.pitchingclips.com/players/tim_lincecum.htm

[quote=“buwhite”]Plaz, I think we all know what it means to “cross the legs”, as with many suggestions I think its more about “what is the real issue here”. There in fact are many good pitchers that “cross their legs” do you see an issue as to this pitcher crossing? Or is it just the fact that you don’t feel like pitchers should do this. And what’s with the cryptic response? Give us your feelings don’t dance around it.

Here is a clip of Lincecum crossing and I’m sure you can come up with just as many that don’t, but what about this kid.

http://www.pitchingclips.com/players/tim_lincecum.htm
[/quote]

BU - don’t get onto Plaz - I should have asked a more leading question to elicit a more detailed answer. BTW - Lincecum is a righty so it don’t matter that he does it :lol:

I pretty much know what he is getting at and that is the direct move toward 1st, so he should be more specific. It’s also one of the reasons I would get him balancing more at the top of the post, another would be to find a balance point to drive his weight more toward home…ie my suggestion of the hershiser drill. I wasn’t really getting on him just didn’t know why he was being so coy about it all.