Thursday, December 13th, 2007:
Throwing Program with drills and functional fitness work lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes. Weightroom workout lasted another 45 minutes.
Throwing Program: I’ll list this once for reference. Afterwards, Ill just abbreviate everything.
Warm-Up and Dynamic Arm Strengthing/Stretching: 20 minutes
(1)Step-Behinds, Crossovers, Narrow Stance
(2)Orel Hershiser Drill
(3)Mirror or Wall Drill
(6)Flat Ground Mechanics Work
Totaled 75 throws (15 in Flat Ground) and 25 towels
(7)Functional Fitness Work
Weight Room: 45 minutes
(Not sure about exact order, so I’ll just list the exercises)
(1) Front Squat 1x12@95lbs and 1x12@115lbs
(2) DB Bent-Over Row w/ Tricep Extension 2x12@15lbs each
(3) DB Rotational Bicep Curls 1x8,8,8@20lbs each
(4) DB Bent-Over Lateral Raises 2x15@5lbs
(5) DB Front Raises 2x15@5lbs each
(6) DB Diagonal Lateral Raises 2x15@5lbs each
(7) Calf Raises 2x10,10,10@90lbs
(8) DB Bench Press 2x8,8,8@30lbs each
(9) DB Bent-Over Row 2x10@40lbs
(10)DB Standing Lunges 2x20@15lbs each
(11)DB Side Lunges 2x20@15lbs each
(12)DB Single Leg RDLs 2x12,12@20lbs each
First off, to be blunt, our weight room sucks. They are missing a vital piece of equipment to my workouts: the cable cross-over machine. I could do almost an entire workout on one! But, for now, I am making do. Most of the important work is done during the Functional Fitness work during the throwing program. This includes core work. I will supplement core work into the weight room workout once in a while, but not this day. I was a bit sore. The day went well though.
Are you as prepared as you need to be?