Jack3d vs. NO-xplode

last season I was all about No-xplode, but its really expensive and heard that Jack3d which is much less expensive actually works better… Has anyone tried both of these pre-workout formulas or even just tried Jack3d? also is anyone positive that Jack3d is either legal or not legal for NCAA???

I strongly recommend against any of those NO products. Eric Cressey (who trains a lot of high-level baseball players - both pro and amateur) says this:

“…natural arginine levels far exceed anything you can take in pill form (without GI distress) to stimulate NO production… these supplements are marketed with claims that they increase muscle size and strength… there is absolutely no scientific basis for these claims. In fact, arginine supplementation has been shown to mute the growth hormone response to resistance training, so it can actually limit mass and strength gains than to augment them.” (emphasis his)

Source: Maximum Strength; Cressey, Eric. p.193-194: “Supplements to Avoid.”

while it may be true that the supplements have no impact on increasing muscle size, that is not what I am using them for. I can only speak for myself but when i am working out it is usually right before or after practice or class and i am tired. when i lift without these NO products i yawn and get fatigued easily. When i use them i find myself with the energy to get a more worthwhile workout. I don’t use the products to directly increase muscle size or strength, but to allow me to work harder to do it myself.

i appreciate and will consider the information you have provided, but i still would like to know if anyone knows if it is legal for NCAA

Man, just use your head. You dont need that stuff, you can get the same thing for less than half the price.

You want the same results. Go to your local Rite Aid, GNC, Walgreens, Happy Harrys, etc and go find caffiene pills, GNC brand creatine monohydrate, and if you must, L-Arginine. Thats basically what your getting from pre-workout supplements without the extra junk you dont need and the hefty price tag.

BTW, Nitric Oxide is unproven. There is no credible evidence or testing to say that it works. Stop wasting your money.

with the 20% off from GNC i paid $20 for the jacked which has 45 servings in it, i doubt that what you recommended would come out to less than that

Controlled Labs products have been the best for me to use. They have a stim-free pre workout and one with caffeine so its really up to you. Intra-workout supplements are where its at along with some protein and dextrose post workout.

If your not crazy bouncing off the wall while working out theres something wrong. Get someone else, a coach or player to up the intensity.

Joe Defranco trains beasts. This from his most recent blog post.

http://ginutrition.net/product_info.php?products_id=28

I wrote the following article on my blog about basic supplements. Check it out if you’re interested.

http://www.drivelinemechanics.com/2009/9/10/1024593/training-basic-supplements-for

[quote=“Bower”]If your not crazy bouncing off the wall while working out theres something wrong. Get someone else, a coach or player to up the intensity.

http://ginutrition.net/product_info.php?products_id=28[/quote]

This product looks fine, but:

“Use on Training days only. For ideal results, take 15-30 minutes before workout.”

Creatine should be taken daily at 3-5g with a optional (unnecessary) loading phase. It should not be taken every other day or only on your workout days. Don’t really like that advice.

[quote=“kyleb”][quote=“Bower”]If your not crazy bouncing off the wall while working out theres something wrong. Get someone else, a coach or player to up the intensity.

http://ginutrition.net/product_info.php?products_id=28[/quote]

This product looks fine, but:

“Use on Training days only. For ideal results, take 15-30 minutes before workout.”

Creatine should be taken daily at 3-5g with a optional (unnecessary) loading phase. It should not be taken every other day or only on your workout days. Don’t really like that advice.[/quote]

I have read from other sources not just Defrancos about taking creatine only on workout days. There is really a lack of hard evidence on when to take creatine and if you should use a loading phase, there just has not been enough research to suggest that you should be taking creatine every day.

I looked at this “Jacked” supplement and it looks pretty much like the other products you’ll find. Your “paying for pretty”, and buying into the Buzzwords that every supplement manufacturing company lives on. For Example:

"Black Box Warning:
This Product Produces An Intense Sensation Of Drive, Focus, Energy, Motiviation & Awareness. In Addition, It Allows For Rapid Increases In Strength, Speed, Power & Endurance. Therefore, Extreme Caution Must Be Exercised & Should Not Be Used By Novice Athletes. Use With Caution Under Strict Dosing Protocols. "

It is crap. They even have the balls to say that one of the supplements, “Geranium” is more potent than ephedrine and nearly amphetamine; thats complete crap. If it were that powerful it would have been very quickly copied by other companies and would likely have already been banned because of its potency.

You may get 45 servings per, but according to the supplement webpage, you should be using 3 scoops of the stuff each time you take it, which is 3 servings, so, in reality, you only get 15 servings if you use as directed. Thats not a great deal.

Controlled Labs White Flood. With NO Xplode people take it EVERY DAY and they get used to it because of the caffeine. I would honestly recommend 5 hour energy its the best supplement I have ever used. White flood is a good idea both because of the price and because if you use it correctly, on training days, then you dont use it more than 3-4 times a week which makes sure your body does not become completely accustomed to the stim in it. Energy supplements arent bad, you just need to use them correctly. I wouldnt argue when most major leaguers use many supplements. Creatine, Pre Workouts, BCAA’s, Intra workout supplements, Muscle Milk, Caffeine pills, Protein, weight gainers. Its there to help you, regardless of you not being able to find good deals (use the intarweb people) 8) 8)

I rotate NO products as I build up a tolerance. I also use BCAAs/carbs between innings. The best stack I recommend is controlled labs white flood as the no2 and purple wrath as the intra.

They just came out with purple intrain for lifting. Im pumped. Wraath on cardio days Intrain on only lifting days

Sigh. I’ve posted research that shows that these “nitric oxide” supplements do nothing. If you want “pump,” drink a strong cup of coffee.

KYLE, Im not promoting stim products, I posted an alternative. I did see however that these products can be bad? How could they negatively effect lifting?

Im a tennis pro, Coach all day every day.
I fully recommend this to all athletes. NOXplode is a great product, but its hard to stay smooth on a serve or a pitch when your jittery from it.
Not only is JACK3D cheaper, tastes better, and healthier. You can still play competetive at a high level with the extreme elevated heartbeat.
NOXplode is also not the best for cardio, it is great for lifting. However, JACK3D has it beat in every way possible. AMAZING Product.