I've lost my curve ball....please help

I am a 17 year old pitcher who has recently lost my curve ball…I have always had a nice curve ball…In an attempt to get better i fixed my shaky mechanics…i improved on my fastballs and change up dramaticlly but now i cant throw a decent curve ball consistently to save my life…i have changed grips, release points, speeds…i have tried nearly everything…can someone please help me get back on the right track…Thank You

When you bring you hand and the ball back, is your thumb pointed down or at the sky? Try fiddling around with that.

Also, have you tried throwing a slider? Some pitchers’ mechanics seem better suited for a slider than a curveball. For a slider, basically do everything the same as a fastball (except grip of course) up until the release and then just snap. In your mind, think, “fastball, fastball, snap!”

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Generally when you are in 'equal/opposite" you will have your palm facing out/up for a curveball and then I like to think of it as karate chopping a board at release point.

When you bring you hand and the ball back, is your thumb pointed down or at the sky? Try fiddling around with that.

Also, have you tried throwing a slider? Some pitchers’ mechanics seem better suited for a slider than a curveball. For a slider, basically do everything the same as a fastball (except grip of course) up until the release and then just snap. In your mind, think, “fastball, fastball, snap!”

Hope this helps. Good luck.[/quote]

Thats the worst slider advice I’ve ever heard in my whole life. Snap what? With a slider you need to let the grip do most of the work and throw it like a fastball. If you get on top of the ball like a fastball your going to get that tight downard movement of about four or five inches. Ofcourse you need to have the right grip with the ball off centered slightly.

Thanks guys…ill try some more of the curve ball…i have tried throwing a slider…i jsut cant get it to break significantly enough to be affective…any suggestions on how to properly throw a slider so i can get a better idea of what to do?..i just dont get how someone can just lose a pitch…i hope i can figure it out soon :frowning:

Same as a curveball except your hand is angled halfway between curveball and fastball grips (45 degrees)

The creature, yips, etc

Finish.
Thats why I lost my slider.
Make sure you finish down really well

What do you mean “finish”??

Go to the pitching articles. Click on any of them. On the right side of the page is a picture of Mr. Ellis’ book TuffCuff. The picture on it is what I mean. Make sure your bent over like that.

Because bending over like in a picture is the equivalent of a good follow-through.

Pretty much.
It should help his curveball.

[quote=“Jacobs 21”]Pretty much.
It should help his curveball.[/quote]

If I didn’t know better I would have thought you were a qualified pitching instructor.

lol finishing your pitch means that youre job isnt done once you release the ball, you have to follow through with proper mechanics such as a bent back and a high-v in the air with ur back leg, make sure u pull down all the way and dont jus try and snap or jerk it down. i dont know if that was helpful the way i said it but if it was then good if not sorry