It's gonna happen sooner or later

With a large population of Hispanic players in MLB, this year the following is under serious consideration.

I’ve taken some time to think about this and I don’t think it will in our life time, unless the World Series is played in Puerto Rico or something unforeseen happens. The anthem is the anthem. For example, when our anthem is sung in Montreal at The Bell Center, it’s only in English, and they sing their anthem in French, not in English even though the majority of Canadians speak English.

Even if a majority of Americans had Spanish as their native language, I think it would be a situation similar to what we already see in Canada.

Besides, the Canadian anthem sounds outstanding in both languages. The Star Spangled Banner sounds crappy in Spanish–no insult intended to the talent of the singer.

I just don’t see it happening.

At this point I don’t care what language they sing it in as long as they don’t let her sing it. That was torture.

Or maybe they could sing the fourth stanza.

Oh thus be it ever when free men shall stand
Between their loved home and the wars desolation.
Blessed with victory and peace, may the heaven rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just
And this be our motto, In God is our trust.
And the star spangled banner in triumph shall wave.
Oer the land of the free and the home of the brave.

There are two official languages in the United States - English and Spanish.
Like or not, everything will be stated twice, everything.

Dial a number on the phone - press one for Spanish, or stay on the line. Home Depot and every store that I’ve seen has two languages displayed on the property - English and Spanish.

Go into any court system in the US, and you only have to look beyond the tip of your wallet to see the local, state and federal government using tax dollars to their fullest - two major languages, English and Spanish.

What runs American is money. The Spanish speaking population is a large economic factor in the US, and will be the dominate economic factor in the very near future. I’m sure the Native American Indians had similar thoughts when Europeans settled in, but then that’s life.

Although “land of the free and home of the brave” does have a nice ring to it, sooner or later that two will be in the two major languages. So it goes. It’s just life coming full circle.