Fish oil is tremendous for you it really shouldnt give you energy so thats coming from something else theres endless lists of what Fish Oil can do you for you mine is 2 grams per serving i usually take about 5-10 grams a day and it works as an anti-inflamatory which can help your arm heal better after each start Supports a healthy heart which im sure everyone wants it helps keep your joints feeling good its really endless and since your body cant produce it naturally you need it.
Casein is just another form of protein its found in milk therefore milk is slow absorbing 80% of the protein in milk is Casein the other 20% is whey So therefore milk is a good option when you need slow absorbing protein i neglected to mention this earlier. Whey is better postworkout you can pick up tubs of whey cheap online.
As far as carbs i will list exactly what my college coach has given to me in a summer program i’ll list all the nutritional goals he put
• Plan eating in conjunction with workouts in an effort to insure adequate fuel to optimize performance and delay fatigue.
• Eat every three hours to ensure the body a consistent fuel source that provides the energy substrate (a substance on which an enzyme acts) for sport.
• Consume an adequate caloric level to meet your needs. Inadequate calories will hasten fatigue, contribute to poor performance and increase muscle breakdown. See “Custom Nutrition Goals”.
• Provide the body with the right mix of nutrients, emphasizing carbohydrates. Visualize a peace sign. The triangle at the bottom of the peace sign should be protein, such as chicken, red meat, pork, fish or eggs. The remaining sections should include starch (pasta, rice, bread or cereal), and fruit or vegetables.
• Drink adequate fluid for high-intensity activity, to optimize performance and to prevent injuries. See “Hydration Guidelines”.
Custom nutrition goals
• Calories: Minimum weight (pounds) x 23 (For example: a 150-pound athlete would require at least 3,650 calories per day)
• Carbohydrate: Weight x 3 to 5 = grams carbohydrate per day
• Protein: Weight x 0.7 = grams protein per day
• Fat: Weight x 0.45 = grams fat per day
• Fluid: Minimum weight x 0.67= ounces fluid per day
• Water: Drink 16 ounces of water before bed, after first morning void and two hours before a practice or game.
• Fluids: The best choices are water, sports drinks, and juices or fruit drinks diluted in a one-to-one ratio. Caffeinated, carbonated or alcoholic beverages are poor choices.Drink:
• Eight to 10 ounces, 10 minutes before a game. Try this in practice first!
• Six to 8 ounces at all breaks during practices or games.
• Twenty-four ounces after practices and games for every pound lost!
Coordinate eating before, during and after practices and games. Pre-activity meals should primarily include carbohydrates, such as pasta, stir-fry, waffles or pancakes, or a fruit smoothie made with milk, yogurt, pudding mix and juice. Consume a sports drink or diluted fruit drink immediately before taking the ice. This plan will provide additional fuel for the body during exercise.
During exercise, consume carbohydrates at every opportunity. Sports drinks, diluted fruit drinks, a handful of sweetened cereal, gummy type candy or sports gel with 8 ounces of water will provide additional fuel to working muscles.
Carbohydrates should be consumed a soon as possible after practices and games – ideally within the first 30 to 45 minutes after exercise. Some of the best choices are:
• 16 ounces of fruit drink
• 8 ounces of concentrated carbohydrate beverage
• Three granola or cereal bars
• ½ to 1 cup of sweetened cereal
• ½ cup of gummy type candy
The bottom line
• Eat every three hours
• Drink a beverage with every meal and between meals
• Eat and drink during breaks and practices
• Emphasize carbohydrates
• Eat soon after leaving the ice
Hope this helps you out any more questions just ask some of what he says contradicts with what i already know and what ive read in reasearch and posted here but its all dependent on the person and everyones body reacts differently in the end you have to find what works for you.