Is this a good thing to do?

Ok, last season we were playing a team about an hour away from where we are. We were losing (i was on the bench w/ a sore arm) and all of a sudden they try and drop a bunt down for a hit :evil: H didn’t make it though.

It pissed me off and i was only on the bench. I dont even wanna know what i would of done on the mound. :wink: Anyways when we got out of the inning our coach pulled everyone in and said something like this.

“I’m tired of their bush league sh**, if they try to bunt for a hit again i want whoever is pitching to hit the next batter as hard as you fricken can or be damn near close.”

I think it would be a good thing to do, as long as you dont hit them in the head, because it gets your anger out and you get set up for a double play 8) 8)

Is it a good thing to do???

thats a bad thing to do

Last year we had a double header on the same day as prom. With time running out, for the upper classmen needing to leave soon, our coach had every person who went up to the plate bunt. We were already winning and we ending up scoring a run or two w/ everyone bunting!..the fielders never cheated either b/c they were afraid we’d actually hit. So what was meant to be a faster game, ended up taking longer.

Ah, that was mean and pretentious…but funny.

I dont see how thats bush league. Last year we were playing a team and a runner knocked over our 3rd baseman with his elbow, like an actual hit. So the coach (Who was a football coach) told the pitcher (Wasnt me) to bean the kid the next time he comes up. So the pitcher throws at his ribs 3 times and misses everytime. Well now he has to throw a strike, and he throws it right down the middle, and almost gets killed when the ball is hit right back at his chest. Anyways, if you’re going to hit someone, make sure you have a good reason. Only do it once, and if you miss, that sucks for you because you dont throw at them twice. Laying down a bunt while your winning isnt necessarily a bad thing. Maybe the kid couldnt hit worth a crap. How much were you up by?

Tell Me if any of you think this is a good reason to throw at someone::::

Back when i was 16 (throwing 85-87) we were getting crushed(i wasnt pitching in this game yet) like 11 to 2, and this kid on the other team, a team that was known for trying to embarrass other teams and for playing very dirty, hit a pop up that came down about 7 feet behind first base, and was caught by our first baseman(5’8’’ 150lbs), but as i see him getting rdy to catch the ball, I also see the runner (6’1’’ 190lbs) running at him full bore, and drops his shoulder into the first basemans gut, (btw, the 1st baseman was looking up, totally unprepared for the hit) after the runner hits him, he starts yelling that he was in the way (which he was not) and the umpire threw him out of the game ( as was I for charging down the runner and busting his lips open…but we were both allowed to play in the 2nd game that day). The 1st baseman had to be taken to the hospital for internal bleeding by ambulance.
So, in the second game, i start, and the guy who trucked my friend is up third…well the first two batters go down on seven pitches, and when the kid got up, i hit him with a 4 seamer in the ribs, and he too had to be taken to the hospital.
Do you think i was justified??? Can you honestly say you would not have done the same?

-------I also found out at our next game, 2 days later, that when i hit the kid in the ribs, i broke 2 of his ribs

[quote=“pitchking807”]Tell Me if any of you think this is a good reason to throw at someone::::

Back when i was 16 (throwing 85-87) we were getting crushed(i wasnt pitching in this game yet) like 11 to 2, and this kid on the other team, a team that was known for trying to embarrass other teams and for playing very dirty, hit a pop up that came down about 7 feet behind first base, and was caught by our first baseman(5’8’’ 150lbs), but as i see him getting rdy to catch the ball, I also see the runner (6’1’’ 190lbs) running at him full bore, and drops his shoulder into the first basemans gut, (btw, the 1st baseman was looking up, totally unprepared for the hit) after the runner hits him, he starts yelling that he was in the way (which he was not) and the umpire threw him out of the game ( as was I for charging down the runner and busting his lips open…but we were both allowed to play in the 2nd game that day). The 1st baseman had to be taken to the hospital for internal bleeding by ambulance.
So, in the second game, i start, and the guy who trucked my friend is up third…well the first two batters go down on seven pitches, and when the kid got up, i hit him with a 4 seamer in the ribs, and he too had to be taken to the hospital.
Do you think i was justified??? Can you honestly say you would not have done the same?

-------I also found out at our next game, 2 days later, that when i hit the kid in the ribs, i broke 2 of his ribs[/quote]

you were protecting your players. Justified to me.

if the other team was bunting when they were up by alot then its justified to throw at them.

pitchking, i would have hit him in the head, try to break his skull not his ribs. in the case of him causing serious injury to your third baseman he deserves it

Depends on your age. This is part of the game at older levels but I don’t think it is appropriate at the younger levels.

But the injuries described above are the reason why you throw at the guy’s butt. You’re trying to send a message - not injure someone.

I cant throw at someones head, i hit a kid in the head (by accident) when i was 14 and he had to go to the hospital, knocked out cold, and the helmet shifted downwards and sliced the side of his neck open when it hit him. I get rly pissed when i see pitchers go headhunting

Why throw at a kid? A brush-back can send a bit of a message, and K-ing the kid up always gives you a good feeling. You bean a kid, you’ll feel good because you had your “revenge,” but then you may realize that you could have actually hurt the kid. On purpose!
Personally, I don’t think throwing at a guy is necessary. Work him inside with a tailing two-seamer. If you do hit him, you can still have your revenge, but you can honestly say you didn’t do it on purpose. One of the main reasons that I don’t head hunt is because if I did, and the other team was to realize it, then I better hope I got a DH for me. If you know what I mean.

Once my catcher told me to bean a kid. No reason, really. My catcher just didn’t like the kid. Like he hated the kid with a passion. The kid was one of those kids that somehow, EVERYONE hates him. I decided to K him up. More pleasure for me (B/c I didn’t actually know the batter, I had only heard stories). I got him 0-2, tried to throw a slider to start at him and make him look dumb (I don’t have a slider, just something I tried). Of course, like I said, I don’t throw a slider so it ended in the other batter’s box. So then I just brought a fastball, full force, at about eye level, a few inches from his head. He chased it, and I felt satisfied.