Is this a good bodyweight workout?

I haven’t joined a gym yet, this is what I have started
Pushups: at least 200 a day (different variations)
Crunches: 50 a night
Bodyweight squats: 25 a night
wall climbers: 25 a night

is this a good workout for a pitcher, football and basketball player? Any suggestions?

[quote=“andrewlandolfi”]I haven’t joined a gym yet, this is what I have started
Pushups: at least 200 a day (different variations)
Crunches: 50 a night
Bodyweight squats: 25 a night
wall climbers: 25 a night

is this a good workout for a pitcher, football and basketball player? Any suggestions?[/quote]
Bodyweight is good, but strength training standards still apply. If you work every day then there is no period of recovery for the muscles to rebuild. Rather than doing the same exercises you would be better off working different varieties of movements on different days during the week. Explosive exercises like plyo (or clap) pushups, jumping squats, burpees and others will work differently than the exercises you’ve listed above.

Ross Enamait has the best bodyweight exercise book I’ve found. It’s called Never Gymless (

), and it also deals with program design which can be extremely difficult when dealing with bodyweight exercise. I wrote an article that deals briefly with bodyweight exercise variations (although admittedly not in as much detail as Ross’ book) - http://www.thecompletepitcher.com/pitching_conditioning.htm

i’d work on doing pistols or one legged squats instead of bodyweight squats, if you cant do them work up to them…also add in russian twists, bridges, planks, and all that… also pushups yes, but you can add variations, umm you can do supermen where you lay on your belly and raise your feet and hands in the air.

thanks

thanks, im gonna add some of these exercises to my workout.