Is there a point in me trying to become a pitcher?

Over these past few days, I had a sudden urge to become a submarine pitcher. I have never even played baseball my whole life, and I don’t even know all the rules. Usually, when it comes to things like this, I am usually really confident and I become really dedicated in my training for a sport. But, the thing is, my highschool baseball team is full of crazily good players. Yet, I have never played baseball. I don’t even realy have a strong throwing arm, just dedication and willingness to train. So is there a point in trying to train to become a pitcher? Or should I stick to football? I’m afraid the training I would put in would be a waste if I wouldnt make the team, because I could have put all the effort in football. (I would just stick to football, but there’s no good positions out there for me.) I’m 5’5", 143 lbs, 14 years old, and am moving up to 9th grade after summer. I would be fine play rec ball, but I am not sire they have those for people my age…

They should have local 16u rec teams.

Dude, you’re 14. Give it a shot. I’m not going to tell you it’s going to be easy. Pitching successfully takes a lot of dedication and work. In my opinion, if you’re serious, find a good pitching coach and get to work.