Is Tall&Fall good?

I figured that if I drive my body, I just cannot get into right position (rushing), and end up throwing the ball to nowhere, so I heard about tall&fall and i’ll try it

Is it a good thing?

Think of Drive then Drop. Chris O leary uses this term makes sence to me. When lifting your leg you want to lift and drive the hip towards the plate at the same time then drop and drive.

Just move forward try not to get up ,down and out. Try to get out and down with the body little more harder to do but the pro’s do it.

I’m not sure what the point of the drop is Ristar.

Seems meaningless to me. You just got done defending how Randy doesn’t bend his back leg. What gives?

Why do we have to sum up the pitching motion in three words? Drop and Drive, Tall and Fall, Drive then Drop–I don’t think any of them are any good.

[quote=“palo20”]Why do we have to sum up the pitching motion in three words? Drop and Drive, Tall and Fall, Drive then Drop–I don’t think any of them are any good.[/quote] :applause: I’ve said this several times myself.

RIstar, can you clarify what you mean by the dropping part? I understand the drive which makes sense, moving the hips towards the target. What do you mean by drop?

Do you mean as the leg comes up you start to move and as your leg drops down towards the target?

i don’t like tall and fall. it encourages guys to think about keeping their shoulders level and balancing, and being careful and “stuff”

get up there, get some momentum and some torque (however you think you get the most torque you can) and throw the everlovin#&#^*@&%^!%$ out of the baseball.

quit being pretty and be athletic and mean. there are two knids of animals, grass eaters, and meat eaters. pitchers are meat eaters, what are you?

throw hard, we’ll control it later.

I like that analogy dusty! :clapping: :thumbsup:

What I mean by drive and drop is move the hip 1st before you move the leg down. Randy Johnson moves the hip out then lowers the leg so do other MLB pitcher with good momentum like Chein Ming Wang.

I’m an omnivore.

do you need shots for that spenc?

The only shots I’m getting are sedatives and that’s to keep me barely manageable!

most good omnivore pitchers are a little high strung. are you by chance left handed like i am. that would explain some things.

talk with everyone tomorrow. drove back 4 hr from a pitchhing clininc and i’m beat.

I’m a righty but I should be a lefty. I blame my dad for that.

If you feel you’re rushsing you need to keep your weight back more. You can help accomplish this by making sure you are flexing your back leg,
and leading your delivery with the forward hip and not the upper body or
shoulders. Study the Roger Clemens clips found on this site and emulate
his delivery. You won’t go wrong.

[quote=“nick nickason”]If you feel you’re rushsing you need to keep your weight back more.[/quote]Nick. Can you elaborate please on a definition of keeping your weight back? Thanks.

[quote=“nick”]You can help accomplish this by making sure you are flexing your back leg,
and leading your delivery with the forward hip and not the upper body or
shoulders.[/quote]

I think he did? I personally don’t like the phrase ‘weight back’ because it is too vague.

As a pitcher gets ready to deliver the pitch he sets his weight over his post leg. By flexing the post knee as he delivers the pitch it allows him to
keep his “weight back” over the post leg longer and utilize his lower half.
Couple this with leading with the foward hip and they helps prevent the rushing pitchers often develope. You can really see this in the clips of Koufax and Clemens on this site.

Right, lower body leads and upper body stays behind it.