Is pitching mre mental or physical

Is pitching more mental or physical

It depends. If you absoulty suck then your physical game is off, if you have good stuff and you still suck your mental games off.

pitching the ball itself is entirely physical, while actually pitching is mental and physical.

90% half mental.

Yogi Berra once put it this way: “90% of pitching is half mental, and the other half is physical.” Think about that, and you’ll realize that he was so right. Only half of pitching has to do with mechanics and repertoire and all that. The rest is what goes on between the ears. So I would say, in response to that poll, that those two elements are about equal.
When I was playing, many moons ago, I had an incredible pitching coach—he was an active major league pitcher who doubled as an extra pitching coach for the Yankees—and he had an interesting perspective on this whole thing. Much of what he told me had to do with strategic pitching, with sizing up the hitters and figuring the best way to get them out, and believe me, that is as much mental as you can get. My playing days are way behind me, but I still remember everything he told me and showed me. 8)

Thanks for your comments

you have to keep calm and have confidence or you will suck

Yeah

I say mental, everything about it is mental. Your brain is moving the muscles and working on your mechanics until you have the muscle memory, it’s your brain that thinks “I’m going to the gym” and it’s also the mental aspect in which you guys probably think like where and when to throw a pitch. Think about it though in all actuality your physical self is controlled by your mental self.

Thanks for the post

Oh dam we’re really getting deep on this one. :lol: :lol: :smiley:

Sorry I just felt like being a smart ass.

what happens to the other 10% in yogis saying :?

Yogi was just a weird guy. Ever heard some of his other sayings?

“When you come to a fork in the road, take it!”
“You need to go to other people’s funerals or they won’t come to yours.”
“Aflac gives you cash, which is just as good as money.”

I think it is 75% mental and 25% physical. You have to think about what you are going to do and then you just have to rear back and throw.