Is it ok to eat bad once in a while?

Im 15 weight 164 lbs and am 5 foot 11 inches. I think has long as I eat good a majority of the time it wont really effect if I have an ice cream bar here and there. I just need to gain weight.

Careful of food allergies and diabetic issues, stuff like that.

On the other hand, pulling up to the drive-up window at Berger Biggy and ordering a large fry, a triple decker with all the fixings isn’t a bad thing once and a while. By the way, that once in a while thing is something that you’ll have to work out.

Also, with culture foods, some of this food is pretty good. In fact, I had to shake my head a few time when I saw this guy in the crowd at one of our games, eating out of the top in his hat. Come to find out, it was a thing called nachos. Never saw nachos before. I tried some and they’re pretty tasty. So are Barreto’s and food like that.

Your stats seem to be somewhat above normal for a kid your age/height. The avg h/w for a 15yo boy is 5’7"/126lbs. Why the push for more weight?

in answer to your question, and I’m no dietitian - don’t even play one on TV, but there is no harm in indulging every now and then (as long as every now and then isn’t every night!). Especially for a teen with an active lifestyle. Enjoy your youth while you have it.

don’t rely on junk food in order to gain weight. Although it is okay to let loose once in a while and have a big mac meal with a shake… the sugar, salt, and other crap that goes into junk food does a number on your body.

Best course for you is to talk to your doctor or a dietitian. They will get you educating on high protein meats, supplements, and other stuff to add to your meal plates to get you some better fats and proteins.