IR Rotated Leglift or ER rotated leglift

I’ve seen some videos of pitchers doing an ER leglift. Its a part of my mechanics which i can change pretty easily. I use IR leglift. Is there any benefit to ER or IR in the leglift phase?

engyn,

“I’ve seen some videos of pitchers doing an ER leglift. Its a part of my mechanics which i can change pretty easily. I use IR leglift. Is there any benefit to ER or IR in the leglift phase?”

In that it is absolutely unnecessary to lift your glove leg to generate pitch types or maximal velocity don’t get all caught up in everybody’s novice kinesiological explanations of what is actually happening.

If you want to lift your leg just keep it nominal (centered)! nothing happens until the lengthening Kinetic chain ends with the Humerus fully outwardly rotated (external shoulder rotation) to full length when the Shortening Kinetic chain starts as seen when the first forwards movement of the ball starts after fully lengthening. Meaning none of the the contractions used to drop in are used in contracting the ball, only gaining the positioning of the body.

The very best overhead power position to attain is that of a Javelin thrower, this arm transition timing can’t be done with a traditional leg lift that produces very late Humeral/forearm arrival timing to length.

Keep your leg’s in their walking trotting and running lanes on either side of the field driveline, best done with an abbreviated leg lift to land comfortably in the right spot heel first. Or none at all, you can attain all the same position without it by just power walking forwards but then you would not be handed the ball, so there is still that.

Oh! All other overhead power throwing motions do it the same way by having the Forearm pass
“inside of vertical” causing intuitive Forearm Pronation drive and release. Badminton smashes, Volleyball spikes, Water polo bullet throws, Tennis serves, Cricket bowls, QB bombs.
The only ones that do not learn this is baseball throwers! They learn intuitive forearm flyout where the forearm drives “outside of vertical” causing intuitive forearm drive supination the Elbow killer.