Inside elbow pain

I noticed a lot of elbow pain threads but I haven’t seen exactly what I am looking for.

I’ve been pitching for 3 years, once in high school. Heading into College now.

This is basically my first arm injury that lasted more than a week. I believe I injuried my arm exactly 2 weeks ago. Anyways, my pain is basically where the UCL is. I haven’t thrown as if I wanted to pitch since (For some reason, I have a fear to throw at the moment) the injury occured.

I feel no pain doing every day things but every now and then I would press where the upper arm bone connects to the ulna. It’s very little pain. I also sometimes have my arm in a 90 degree angle, hand outward then move forward to feel if the pain has decreased.

It has decreased but what I’m ultimately trying to get at is how many weeks would it take for an injury like this take to heal. And if you’ve had a similar injury.

I mean I could go to the doctor but I don’t feel it is neccesary since I’m probably going to miss tryouts for College this year and it doesn’t hurt too bad.

Note: I’m left handed and I don’t throw sliders very often but it occured when I threw quite a few curveballs and two sliders with a mix of
fast balls. The pain happened after throwing a slider. I may’ve turned my wrist early but in the past, I’ve never injuried my arm throwing one.

Don’t mess with internet DR’s, it probably has more to do with tendonitis than a bigger injury but if it’s severe tendonits they will have some specific types of therapy that can help and if it’s not severe be able to give you a more definate idea of how long you should rest now and what activities you should stay away from.

Are you going to be trying to walk at some college?

[quote=“buwhite”]Don’t mess with internet DR’s, it probably has more to do with tendonitis than a bigger injury but if it’s severe tendonits they will have some specific types of therapy that can help and if it’s not severe be able to give you a more definate idea of how long you should rest now and what activities you should stay away from.

Are you going to be trying to walk at some college?[/quote]

Yes. I didn’t pitch as a Senior in HS. Something came up the day of signups that was not baseball related.

D2 college. Doubt I’m trying out this year because my elbow, Tryouts are Aug 20th.