Indoor practices. wth!?

Meh i noticed all my balls have kinda cutting action indoor. i did change my mechanicsa bit( posture change, not falling to the side that much) but Is it my mechanics, or could it be just the indoor envoirment??

Greetz
Rodri

I doubt it’s the environment. Rather, you’re doing something to put spin on the ball.

i only changed my posture, center of gravity is not on the left side of my stride leg any more. and I dont twist or whatever could put spin on the ball different than a fastball. So this could actually be my “new” “normal” fast ball then?

I guess it depends on what kind of a fastball you want. Personally, I think you should have a straight fastball that’s going to maximize your velocity. Right now, for some reason your becoming middle finger dominate and getting a hair on the side of the ball. There are several reasons as to why this could be possible. If I were you I’d try and fix this… but maybe be able to throw a cutter when you want to.

Forgot to post that the balls we use are just a bit lighter and they tendto have more seam( like stickin out, higher seams).

thats could be it ?

Lighter Ball, Raised seams, that could definitely effect the movement when you throw and pitch.

[quote=“RodriGueZ”]Forgot to post that the balls we use are just a bit lighter and they tendto have more seam( like stickin out, higher seams).

thats could be it ?[/quote]

Definitely, add in a scuff or two from either a wall or if your flooring is rough and that ball will move quite well.

When I train with a 4oz ball i can get my two seam to practically run from the left black to the right black.

Movement tends to be amplified with lighter balls.

finally had sum pitching practice! seems to go quiet well. still need to work on my posture tho, keep falling back in my old habits:)

Keep working at it man! Glad to hear you got some practice in.