Indoor practice just started

Hi guys,

This might be a shitty camera angle perhaps, but any thoughts?

Its uploading so give it a minute:)

Overall I think you look pretty good… Interesting contraption for a mound…

Here’s what I think you could do a little better…
Try having your hands going up and down w/your leg for better timing between upper/lower half. This will maybe lead to fixing what seems to be your elbow being pretty low at foot plant - your elbow should be in-line w/your shoulder at this point.

Looks like you could use some better use of your torso delivering the ball - more forward thrust…

Looks like you could do better bracing that front leg - knee should land more behind the ankle and foot should be planted to provide support to rotate and drive against…

Rodriguez!

Good go to hear from you how’s baseball going for you? Are you still in Holland?

Having trouble getting the clip to load once I watch it I’ll tell ya my 2 cents.

Its going pretty good, been 2 years now since ive had my shoulder injury. Had some pain last year but totally gone now wich is awesome.

Yes I’m still in Holland.

Well, i appreciate your opinion Wales:)

Sounds good Rodriguez!

Do you have Amy clips from last year or before your injury to conpare it this one?

All in all not too bad you look pretty good Id try and get more whip out of your trunk stay closed as long as possible and then let your hips rotate through. How’s your stride on length compared to your height?

Stride length is about 90% of my height.

What exactly do you mean by “more whip out of your trunk” ?

here is a video of 1,5 year back

The best way I can describe it is watch a few clips of John Smoltz and focus on his hip movement and see what he does in comparison to you.

You are pointing on waiting longer/staying closed longer, then exploding/opening up and sort off pulling down/forward with my core?

Arm angle seems fine by the way?

Thanks, again, I really appreciate the comments!

And by the way… all previous videos. I look really sloppy eveb from becore my injury.

Seems to be way more controlled throwing. So the working is paying off bit by bit!

Exactly Rodriguez you got it

Got practice tmrw.

Taking camera with me again. Ill get some back side angles this time!

Ok , so practice was allright i guess. we had no catchers sadly so not even NEAR 70% off my speed there for also not really a game delivery.

But I will upload some vids in an hour or so!

edit: For some reason it feels like my timing is way off in the vid’s. might be cuz of not throwing at full speed?

Are you slowing down your whole delivery because your not throwing max effort?

[quote=“RodriGueZ”]Ok , so practice was allright i guess. we had no catchers sadly so not even NEAR 70% off my speed there for also not really a game delivery.

But I will upload some vids in an hour or so!

edit: For some reason it feels like my timing is way off in the vid’s. might be cuz of not throwing at full speed?[/quote]

So why would you ever pitch without putting your full effort in, seems like a waste of time. If I just play catch, my mechanics are totally different when I pitch. So my suggestion is, when you pitch, pitch like it’s game time, pitch with everything you got and work your mechanics and techniques.

Have to disagree, The guy catching wasnt wearing gear. Inexperienced and what not.

anyways, video is uploading. should take an hour ( yea still …)

Well I feel you shouldn’t “pitch” then, if you change your delivery, in this case 70% off his speed then what are you doing? The time he is spending is just developing bad habits vs practicing pithcing. My suggestion is spend the same time on throwing vs pitching.

should be working in ±5min

Work your mechanics and techniques like bu says and don’t develop bad habits by slowing everything down you can go full speed with your mechanics and not throw the ball max effort. It takes sometime to learn this. But by doing this your still getting good quality work in on your mechanics.

Hopefully the next video we see will have you throwing max speed and max effort. Your technique looks really good, lets see you let it go!!!

Both catchers should be back upcoming saturday!
So I will get another few shots then.

Again, Thanks for the advice guys!