In what order is best for a sore arm?

What order should i do the following things for my sore arm?

-rotator cuff workouts
-jogging
-icing

I like running with ice because ice makes the fluid, which causes swelling, to go down and out of the inflamed tissue. The only problem with this is that your arm cant begin healing without blood in the tissue that is damaged and your blood retreats into your body with all of the other fluids once ice is applied. So if you ice and run at the same time, the ice will control the swelling while the running will make you body pump blood into all of your injured tissue. The blood being pumped in will jumpstart healing and carry the lactic acid that causes soreness away.

I save tubing work until the day after.

I always iced after the game. Then the next day would run for 30 min. and do some light throwing and tube work.

[quote=“Prometheus”]I like running with ice because ice makes the fluid, which causes swelling, to go down and out of the inflamed tissue. The only problem with this is that your arm cant begin healing without blood in the tissue that is damaged and your blood retreats into your body with all of the other fluids once ice is applied. So if you ice and run at the same time, the ice will control the swelling while the running will make you body pump blood into all of your injured tissue. The blood being pumped in will jumpstart healing and carry the lactic acid that causes soreness away.

I save tubing work until the day after.[/quote]

I’m not sure this makes much sense physiologically. I mean, why not just run then ice?

the running increases blood flow while the icing reduces blood flow so it seems counterproductive to try to achieve opposite things simultaneously