In the groove, you ever feel like you're throwing slow

when you’re in your third inning or so, and you’ve settled into a groove, a nice rhythm, do you ever feel like you’re just sort of reaching out and placing the ball over the plate … like there seems to be no ‘violent’ action to your throws, no resistence … you can’t imagine you’ve got any hop on the ball, but guys swing and miss and you’re thinking, how’d they miss that…

I think this feeling is a good thing.

I guess ur describing “being in the zone” everything you do feels perfect…and you feel great

no, not the zone, but I can see how you misunderstand what I wrote …

I’m talkign about just in the course of every game, after the adrenaline wears off I almost feel like I’m lobbing the ball because I’m not consciously exerting my muscles …

it’s hard to explain, I guess … but I’m so focused on the game situation and feeling for different grips and location that it’s like I don’t have the luxury of trying to throw hard … however, I assume I’m throwing fairly hard just because my muscles are being put into action and guys swing and miss (sometimes).

yea I know what you mean it just feels like you dont have to try at all and guys are still swinging late and getting outs. When I feel like this it seems I can hit any target the catcher puts up and I last much longer in the game

ae you actually throwing slower too? I know a few games ive thrown and not realized that i wasnt throwing my hardest oddly but i would still get guys. my dad would have to yell to me to throw it harder because i just hadnt realized it.

I really can’t say if I’m throwing slower or not, but Khut seems to know what I’m saying b/c your control is ON, it’s like it’s automatic.

I think its around the same speed because after the inning is over i come to the dugout and the coach or catcher will tell me Im throwing gas even when I though my velo was off.

I think every pitcher feels that way when they’re entrenched in the game … it’s like just reaching out and placing the ball across the plate.

Of course its great to be in a grove but you might think your throwing slower because your being lazy… A couple days ago I let up 1 hit in the frist 5 innings and i started getting lazy and not using my legs and i found out i threw 5 mph slower

Of course its great to be in a grove but you might think your throwing slower because your being lazy… A couple days ago I let up 1 hit in the frist 5 innings and i started getting lazy and not using my legs and i found out i threw 5 mph slower