In high school

whether i make freshman or jv or varsity, what is the key to succeeding in high school baseball?

[EDITED BY ADMIN]

Inappropriate language will not be not tolerated. Repeated offenses will get you banned.

Just show you got heart for the sport. That’s no problem for me since I converted to Baseball-tianity at age 3 :lol: . I’m fighting for the last spot on my JV team and I’ve got some tough competition, but I skipped football this year to go to baseball camps. I’m going to the Y every morning to weightlift, run and repeat, hopefully to gain 10-20 lbs of muscle by next season. I’m hitting the cages at least twice a week to correct my timing so I can slap balls into rightfield and not always bomb them down the leftfield line, and I’m working on my pitching every chance I get. I’ve tweaked my diet, no more cookies, how’s a cup of whey protein and a banana sound instead? Burger King? Subway is a block away (seriously, it is for me)

If that’s not good enough for my coach, then some coach he is.

I admit that I’m going a little overboard, but I just love baseball that much.

By the way Paul Konerko, the Indians own the White Sox.

Well, the key to succes is, well I best leave that to guys like Roger, dm and such.

However, I’ll tell you this if you want to get on the JV or Varsity then you will want to stand out at the tryouts. Get acquainted with the coaches and make sure you have your best stuff and you are on your game that day.

I originally wasn’t a pitcher but, at the start of the year when we were fooling around after tryouts and I was throwing the knuckler and I became a pitcher just like that, I stood out and he gave me another position to play besides corner infield and outfield.

[quote=“J-Roc”]Just show you got heart for the sport. That’s no problem for me since I converted to Baseball-tianity at age 3 :lol: . I’m fighting for the last spot on my JV team and I’ve got some tough competition, but I skipped football this year to go to baseball camps. I’m going to the Y every morning to weightlift, run and repeat, hopefully to gain 10-20 lbs of muscle by next season. I’m hitting the cages at least twice a week to correct my timing so I can slap balls into rightfield and not always bomb them down the leftfield line, and I’m working on my pitching every chance I get. I’ve tweaked my diet, no more cookies, how’s a cup of whey protein and a banana sound instead? Burger King? Subway is a block away (seriously, it is for me)

If that’s not good enough for my coach, then some coach he is.

I admit that I’m going a little overboard, but I just love baseball that much.

By the way Paul Konerko, the Indians own the White Sox.[/quote]
Hey, who won the last WS :wink:

The Cardinals actually.

Yankees all the way though!

actually red sox :smiley:

93 days seperate the last two posts…not including mine.