In-Game

Here is only 1 pitch, my mom thought I only wanted one, haha, but its ingame footage from a mound(mind you the mound is pathetic) and I’m pretty sure its a curveball i threw.
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/superhockey/?action=view&current=P1000835.flv][img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/superhockey/th_P1000835.jpg[/img

Anyything to help me out? I wish i could post the frame by frame version or something.

well, theres no toe drag which either means theres not much momentum or your shoulders arent stacked upright…

its hard to tell since your not really throwing from much of a mound… if you can even call it that

got a little bit of a pause at your balance point which some people would say to get rid of while others say its nesseccary(sp?)

the pause COULD possibly be the cause of your lack of forward momentum seeing as how short your stride is but again, hard to tell since your on flat

I know there is no mound. And my stride length is usually close body height. Look closely at my foot and it dissapers in a hole where the retard slo pithers stand and dig there feet in.

I DID throw with good control though, and pretty much didnt get touched, kept the ball low and everything was working good so I’m a little wary about changing anything up but if it helps me throw harder I’m down with changing it. I’m only a first year in midget and success rightnow in this league isn’t really expected and my pitching is a work in progress since I’m a short stop.

well, if yours is like ours your league should be ending in late august?

i wouldnt change anything if all is good until after the seasons done just incase

our mounds have that hole too, its like, rubber - hole - lump of dirt - hole - grass lol

no grass infield here :frowning:
Our home diamond is BRUTAL.
Ours ends this year like start of august. brutal. Last year i fiished 1st week of september.

Not bad. You have minimal head movement - I like that.

Unfortunately, the camera angle prevents me from seeing things really well.

I noticed the back foot lifting instead of dragging and I’m wondering why. It could be due to a lack of momentum or maybe opening up early. Tough to tell.

I also noticed the front foot opening beyond pointing at the target. And I’m wondering why. Again, it’s tough to tell.

Your center of gravity seems to stall out behind your front foot instead of getting out over your front foot. That would seems to indicate a lack of momentum. While you do start forward early, you may not get going fast enough.

I think you could also lead with the front hip a bit before opening up the front leg.

Keep in mind that using more momentum and staying closed longer requires appropriate strength and flexibility. You appear to be tall and lanky so there’s a reasonable chance you might lack the strength to do these things well. But it will come in time.

Well, everything but, the follow through will work fine. Your follow though needs more work. When your throwing, hold the ball all the way till it reaches your eyes, then release, keep reaching forward! Your throwing hand needs to reach out toward the catcher–longer–towards your target. You want your body to get horizontal to the ground. Then, bring your throwing hand down to slap your thigh/knee area–while ALWAYS keeping your eyes on the catcher’s glove. Go through your throwing motion–SLOWLY, several times like this, to get the timing of the release point. Look at videos on this web site of Cliff Lee, Jeff suppan and Cole hamels…just to name a few. It’s not how hard you throw your body, and not even how hard you throw the ball…at this stage of pitching–it’s mechanics and accuracy and consistancy that will last threw the years. Looks great! Keep up the great work!

[quote=“Roger”]Not bad. You have minimal head movement - I like that.

I noticed the back foot lifting instead of dragging and I’m wondering why. It could be due to a lack of momentum or maybe opening up early. Tough to tell.

I also noticed the front foot opening beyond pointing at the target. And I’m wondering why. Again, it’s tough to tell.

Your center of gravity seems to stall out behind your front foot instead of getting out over your front foot. That would seems to indicate a lack of momentum. While you do start forward early, you may not get going fast enough.

I think you could also lead with the front hip a bit before opening up the front leg.

Keep in mind that using more momentum and staying closed longer requires appropriate strength and flexibility. You appear to be tall and lanky so there’s a reasonable chance you might lack the strength to do these things well. But it will come in time.[/quote]

What angles would you like to see?. And yes my foot is way to open, I can see that, it usually doesn’t happen. Thanks for the help you gave me some things to think about and work on.

For a RHP, I like to see a view from the 3B side and one from either home plate.

Try breaking your hands at a faster clip and see if you can get some explosiveness.

All right, I’ll let my mom know and then scout out hte field we are playing at and see if she can get some good video.

[quote=“3and0”][quote=“Roger”]Not bad. You have minimal head movement - I like that.

Keep in mind that using more momentum and staying closed longer requires appropriate strength and flexibility. You appear to be tall and lanky so there’s a reasonable chance you might lack the strength to do these things well. But it will come in time.[/quote]

What angles would you like to see?. And yes my foot is way to open, I can see that, it usually doesn’t happen. Thanks for the help you gave me some things to think about and work on.[/quote]

Roger, sorry I could not get more in-game film but I have a question for you, one of the parents of another pitcher on our team told me I may be able to get moving towards home plate if i had a more “explosive” leg kick, and it does appear it’s a little slow. Right now I’m not as worried about velocity as control since I’m pretty sure the velocity will come as i fill out to my frame, not a heck of a lot more I could do mechanically I think.