In case anybody missed it

[quote]Ben Brewster | LHP | Park School | Baltimore, Md.
A four-year starter at Park School, Brewster is a 6-foot-3 lefty who was named all-conference in 2008 and 2010. As a senior, he led his team to league championship, pitching a complete game while striking out 16 and not issuing a single walk in the title game. Brewster finished the year with an 8-0 record, pitching 42.2 innings while striking out 88 and walking 11. He allowed just three earned runs all season and gave up only 13 hits. Brewster also carried a 4.0 grade-point average.[/quote]

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/071510aaa.html

Yay.

Awesome. There is, simply, no doubt about it. If you work hard in school and at your craft, good things will happen.

Wow! Those numbers are fantastic. 88K’s in 42IP?!

My favorite number is the 4.0 though…

Stu

I wonder if Paul Nyman is paying attention…Ben is no joke…

I’ve tried a couple of time to brng Ben to Pauls attention.
He’s kinda in and out so to speak…

What’s the relationship with Paul?

Well it seems this fine young man, about two years ago decided he was going to find himself a throwing program with which he could realize the heady goals he was shooting for. He asked me about it and I told him that I felt he was well versed and diverse enough and a good enough researcher that he imo didn’t need to make the investment. He disagreed after he had completely looked into it and purchased SetPro…became a devotee and began acting like Paul :shock: :lol: but thank the lord…he maintained enough Lanky to not completely flame every poster who didn’t get in lock step :smiley: All that and it turned into one of the most inspirational personal logs we have here.

Paul in his round about way, without realizing it, inspired alot of people- dads and kids alike- to find solutions to their pitching mechanics problems. Yes, he was always self absorbed in his pitching mechanics epiphany but Ben has proven that you can take his pitching mechanics thinking and mix in a little common sense physical conditioning and bam !!! something magic happens.

Over three years ago, Paul took some time and posted some thoughtful responses to an eleven year olds pitching problem. My son, who was 16 at the time, got an arm action face lift that I’m convinced helped him get to the collegiate level. I didn’t purchase any of the setpro stuff but I took a look at what was available for free. I’m not trying to start a Paul Nyman Memorial Parade here but I did want to give him his due even though his ego doesn’t need it. I really think his heart was in the right place…even if it didn’t seem like he was very compassionate sometimes.