Last year i started playing ball with my friends more. I have been using this Rawlings glove ( this glove must be 8 years old ) and it is garbage. For most of these 8 years i have tried everything to break it in, leather treatments, tying it up with a ball, putting it under my mattress, and through all of this, it has only broken in allitle ( if it helps, its a rawlings RPT-20 ). Ive decided that enough is enough, and i want to buy a new glove.
Here are my needs with it
- I am a pitcher
- I prefer a larger glove ( like an outfielders glove ) to a smaller traditional pitchers glove
- It must be leather, none of this plastic stuff
- Would like soft leather ( or as easy to break in as possible, all rawlings gloves i have seen have felt like rocks )
- No Rawlings unless someone here says it is a great glove
- Would like it to be as cheap as possible
Also i have heard good things about Mizuno, any oppinions?