I'm having trouble

With my command on my fastball, It always seems like before a start it get in the pin, an i’m feeling great throwing strikes off speed for strikes etc, and then i get on the mound to start of the game, and i croak.

The problem i had was, i got used to the warm up/pin mound and the game mound felt like i was on another planet, my stride was short and i was standing up and unable to finish, so i had left everything up.

I need to do this: Show the team that i can hit spots with my fastball early
no need to berak out the curve, just yet.
but i have to rely on that curve ball because i can’t locate with my fastball!

My coaches it feels like are breatheing down my neck (i’m also hard on myself also)

Because, i need to be “topping out 90” by spring 2010. But i cant locate right now, So i’m trying to build up some speed, while trying to throw strikes, mixing up my play also (offspeed etc.) But i think i have some mechanical problems, if you can’t tell i’m a mess, its 1:35 AM.

I’m really deep in this one guys, need some help.

Thanks,  Andy.

Is there any difference in height between the bullpen mound and the one you would pitch from in a game? That would have a lot to do with it. Some pitchers don’t have any problems with that, but if you do you need to make sure the bullpen mound is the same height as the one on the playing field, the one you would pitch from.
And when you get out there to pitch, you have to maintain your focus…your concentration on one thing and one thing only, and that’s getting the batter out! A good idea would be to have a conference with your catcher and plan how you’re going to do this. And, as Satchel Paige used to say—“Throw strikes. Home plate don’t move.” 8)

[quote=“ThrowinChedd.”]With my command on my fastball, It always seems like before a start it get in the pin, an i’m feeling great throwing strikes off speed for strikes etc, and then i get on the mound to start of the game, and i croak.

The problem i had was, i got used to the warm up/pin mound and the game mound felt like i was on another planet, my stride was short and i was standing up and unable to finish, so i had left everything up.

I need to do this: Show the team that i can hit spots with my fastball early
no need to berak out the curve, just yet.
but i have to rely on that curve ball because i can’t locate with my fastball!

My coaches it feels like are breatheing down my neck (i’m also hard on myself also)

Because, i need to be “topping out 90” by spring 2010. But i cant locate right now, So i’m trying to build up some speed, while trying to throw strikes, mixing up my play also (offspeed etc.) But i think i have some mechanical problems, if you can’t tell i’m a mess, its 1:35 AM.

I’m really deep in this one guys, need some help.

Thanks,  Andy.[/quote]How much are you warming up in the pen? Is it a chance you are throwing too much before you start throwing? I tend to throw 20-25 warmups only. Command wise, I would suggest doing some bullpens or short boxes in between starts to maybe work on stuff. The biggest thing is to be able to throw strikes down in the zone with 2-3 pitches...Just keep workin, it will come man!

I "ve had a lot of guys who had the same problem. And they never experienced this problem - identical to yours, until they got to the upper ranks.

I can’t take credit for this one , because a batting coach suggested it. He had batters in a slump and he’d told his guys to do this and … surprisingly, IT WORKED!

He suggested that they get an orange paper sticky dot, the kind that you’d find in most office supply stores. Staples has them.

Take one of the orange paper sticky dots - one inch round size, and peel it off the sheet or roll that they come on, stick it on your leading leg (stride) just above the knee, so you can see it when you strided forward. Do this just before you enter the bullpen. Work in the bullpen as you normally would - and every once and a while glance down at the orange paper sticky dot.

When you’re called in, start off your first pitch while doing your usual alloted warm up pitches by looking down at the orange paper sticky dot - then deliver. Every once and a while keep doing this - pitch after ptich. Now don’t do this to the extent where it distracts your attention from your delivery.

I have no idea how or why this works … I’m clueless. But - IT WORKS.

So, give-er a go. Worth trying.

Coach B.

Thanks you all, some positive feedback was nice, but i had just threw 3 innings and had a good B:S ratio, w/ offspeed in the zone.
thanks for all the stuff, just gotta trust mt stuff and find the zone, along with some warm up adjustments.
thanks.