I'm Back

[quote=“Hammer”]I don’t think any website is going to like that arm action.[/quote]Except the ones that Chris spends time on.

Well that’s unfortunate if Ristar keeps that.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Tanner…he’s of the xxl type. Can’t even imagine how much bigger now that he conditions collegiately.
Sorry to confuse.[/quote]hahaha, he was gettin on my nerves, for about the last year, i think we should have a poll to see how many times he changed his motion…cuz i think its in the 50+ range

I look at the mechanics of the guys they are considering drafting and tell them whether they look more like Greg Maddux and Nolan Ryan or more like Mark Prior and Kerry Wood.

Please.

I hate his arm action and timing and have told him that every time I have talked to him.

We actually mostly agree on what he should do.

Palo20,

I recently came across a couple of clips of your throwing on Carlos Gomez’s site. I really liked what I saw.

Much more Greg Maddux than Mark Prior.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]“I feel kinda bad for the kid, he takes a beating no matter where he goes, you’d think he’d learn”

I really wish him the best. That said, I know of no pitcher who can change his mechanics on a daily (Sometimes by the minute) basis and not end up injured and done. He would never understand that one fact, which is what frustrated so many. Well Chris analyzes many hundreds pitchers perhaps he has patience for such sillyness. Reflecting on his last threads it would seem us poor analyzers (An “experts” take not mine) over here were wasting efforts.[/quote]

I’m trying to work with a former pro who has the same problem.

He listens to everyone and is constantly trying to change his mechanics (which are really quite good). He doesn’t understand that he is often getting contradictory advice.

RIStar reminds me of him.

can we jus stop talkin about ristar, i jus wanna punch a wall whenveer we do

RIStar reminds me of him…

I was taking book that you had somehow figured out how to clone yourself Chris and we were all reliving your formative years :lol:

Sorry Tanner…Greg Maddux to ya :smiley:

how did this thread get so f-ing long you are all a bunch of girls

chris,
very cool. what video analysis program do you use? i use the right view pro by don slaught (sluggo) and really like it. the only problem is it doesn’t work on vista.

what angles do you use to evaluate.

[quote=“dusty delso”]chris,
very cool. what video analysis program do you use? i use the right view pro by don slaught (sluggo) and really like it. the only problem is it doesn’t work on vista.[/quote]

Nothing fancy. I go through clips frame by frame in QuickTime Pro.

For a RHP, I prefer 3B for overall mechanics and timing and C for alignment, deception, and ball movement. I use 1B and C for a LHP.

Thank you Chris–you see anything else? I have more recent clips, have a few changes.

[quote=“palo20”][quote]

Palo20,

I recently came across a couple of clips of your throwing on Carlos Gomez’s site. I really liked what I saw.

Much more Greg Maddux than Mark Prior.

[/quote]

Thank you Chris–you see anything else? I have more recent clips, have a few changes.[/quote]

Can you send them to me or post them? The ones I saw were small and low res.

Chris O’Leary
thepainguy@gmail.com

palo
Can you either post your latest or email them to me at dm-59@hotmail.com

The reason I’d like to have them emailed is because I can then, hopefully use Quicktime to view them.

Palo, I’m curious. What are the changes?

Sorry Roger, they’re not really changes. I just feel like I looked a little different toward the end of the year than the videos that were in that article. You’ve seen the most recent videos.

Now I’m working on pelvic loading a bit better and rotating into footplant better.