Idk playoffs

Yankees have the fourth best record in the american league
we have a better record the al central leading twins

:cry: why arent we making the playoffs :cry:

i never understood the playoffs too good

1. You should put this in the off-topic section.
  2. As a fellow Yankees fan, I feel your pain but injuries killed us and we just weren’t good enough this year. :frowning:

you cant make the playoff when you finish 3rd in your own division. now go buy some big free agents and lose again next year because as we have seen this century, that doesnt work.

tdbaseball - I know the playoff system and we didn’t deserve to make the playoffs this year. But 2 points to you:

1. CC Sabathia, Manny Ramirez, and Rich Harden were all big pickups and they didn’t help? Yankees should get one of either Sabathia or A.J. Burnett, and you can’t argue against the quality of those pitchers. And Nady was another pickup that wasn’t all too bad…

2. Have you not noticed people named Chamberlain, Wang, Hughes, Cabrera, Gardner, and for the older set of Yankees Posada, Pettitte, Jeter, and Rivera? We should empty out Giambi, Pavano, and possibly Abreu (Pettitte should retire…). You can’t see that we’re going to the farm system and lessing our dependecy on the market?

ya the yanks have been trying to actually make a farm system and its helping alittle. its a proven fact that since the last time they made world series, all they have done is try to buy big name free agents who most have turned into big busts. ya if you get aj burnett im seeing a carl pavano signing all over again. a guy who can be good but injury prone.

The Yanks need alot more than just AJ Burnett. Though their offense is solid, some of their hitters are getting older and showing age. (Posada, and Jeter are on the decline). They also need more than one new starter. Who knows what will happen with Hughes or Stewart. I think you can put Hughes’ fastball on a string, it may be the flattest fastball in baseball.

it just doesnt seem right that we have a better record than a leading team in their division and were not making it

with our injuries we were still in the top 10 in the league record wise
top five in the al
somehing like
Angels Rays Sox ? Yanks

with the injuries we were still in the in it so without them next year ???
WORLD SERIES

Well tough kelvin, if you cant be the top team in your division, or even the 2nd best team in your division then you dont deserve to be in the playoffs.

Obviously the Yankees big names isnt working for them. Who the heck cares about all the big names you can rattle off for the Yankees. You know what that leads to? No World Series rings this century.

[quote]Well tough kelvin, if you cant be the top team in your division, or even the 2nd best team in your division then you dont deserve to be in the playoffs.
[/quote]

were 3rd in our division yet still in the top 5 in the al

what does that say about other divisions
the yanks have have the best players and beent a elite team for so many years does it matter if we miss one year

but how many playoff berths
how many winning seasons

look at the teams that havent even made the playoffs this decade

[quote=“kelvinp”][quote]
the yanks have have the best players and beent a elite team for so many years does it matter if we miss one year[/quote]

Just because you have by far the biggest salary, that does NOT mean you have the best players. You don’t have a pitcher as consistent as Halladay, A closer like Lidge (although you are close on that one), an amazing second baseman like Utley, A shortstop like Hanley Ramirez, Or C.C. Sabathia. You Have A-Rod, and Bobby Abreu is good, so is Mariano. Damon is also good as well, and I’m probably missing some players here, but come on, do you SERIOUSLY think that the yanks have the best players? Not even close, not even a comparison with the Phillies, Cubs, or Angels. Better Luck Never. :smiley:

all star caliber at every spot and on the bench

out
abreu
damon
gardener
nady
matsui

in
jiambi
sexson
cano
jeter
rodriguez
betimit

our bullpen lacks a little but is still better than some

youre say lidge is better than rivera
what really
they have just about the same amount of saves this season
wow mo blew 1

Yankees are beast

guys seriously i know its hard but please ignore this fool. did you see the players he named from yankees who deserved to be all stars. hes like an animal if you stop feeding it it will just go away.

the starters are all star caliber

damon     abreu           matsui

A-Rod jeter cano giambi
pudge

posada
sexson
nady
cabrera

[quote=“Defalco35”][quote=“kelvinp”][quote]
Not even close, not even a comparison with the Phillies, Cubs, or Angels. Better Luck Never. :D[/quote]

one of these things is not like the others…the phillies!!! you gotta be kidding me. they’re lucky they got guys like durbin and madson to cover for their awful rotation after hamels and moyer.

coming from a yankees fan i gotta say you’re a huge homer kelvinp.

How is the Phillies rotation awful if they are fourth in the NL in ERA? Let’s see:

Hamels- no need for explanation.

Moyer- see Hamels.

Brett Myers- horrible stats for the year, but 7-4, 3.06 ERA, 88 IP, and 75 k’s after the break.

Joe Blanton- worst year of his career, but has been consistent. Phils are 9-4 in his starts. His line with the Phils: 4-0, 4.20 ERA, 70 IP. Consistent
for a four starter.

Kendrick- sucks and needs to re-learn to pitch.

J.A. Happ- very succesful call-up. K leader of the International League in limited time. With the Phils- 1-0, 2.28 ERA, 4 GS, .188 AVG.

That is a completely solid rotation and you obviously don’t know your stuff.

As for the bullpen:

Lidge: 41/41 saves, 1.82 ERA. Hasn’t blown a save or given up a lead the entire year.

Durbin: 2.91 ERA, leads NL in IP with 86.2.

J.C. Romero: 2.75 ERA, 70 IP.

Madson: 2.99 ERA, 82 IP.

Even the long-men like Clay Condrey and Rudy Seanez have ERA’s from 3.60 to 3.30.

I’m sorry they’re not the 2000’s A’s or 90’s Braves, but that is solid pitching.

[quote=“Bakersdozen”]How is the Phillies rotation awful if they are fourth in the NL in ERA? Let’s see:

Hamels- no need for explanation.

Moyer- see Hamels.

Brett Myers- horrible stats for the year, but 7-4, 3.06 ERA, 88 IP, and 75 k’s after the break.

Joe Blanton- worst year of his career, but has been consistent. Phils are 9-4 in his starts. His line with the Phils: 4-0, 4.20 ERA, 70 IP. Consistent
for a four starter.

Kendrick- sucks and needs to re-learn to pitch.

J.A. Happ- very succesful call-up. K leader of the International League in limited time. With the Phils- 1-0, 2.28 ERA, 4 GS, .188 AVG.

That is a completely solid rotation and you obviously don’t know your stuff.

As for the bullpen:

Lidge: 41/41 saves, 1.82 ERA. Hasn’t blown a save or given up a lead the entire year.

Durbin: 2.91 ERA, leads NL in IP with 86.2.

J.C. Romero: 2.75 ERA, 70 IP.

Madson: 2.99 ERA, 82 IP.

Even the long-men like Clay Condrey and Rudy Seanez have ERA’s from 3.60 to 3.30.

I’m sorry they’re not the 2000’s A’s or 90’s Braves, but that is solid pitching.[/quote]

oh please. YOU obviously dont know your stuff by mentioning they’re fourth in the nl in era. why are they fourth?! because of their pen! myers had one great month! ONE to make his post break numbers look decent. you fail to mention his 5.23 Sept era which is consistent with his numbers for the rest of the year. SAME with blanton. one good month in august and then look at his September and the rest of his year. i’m not even gonna mention happ because its ridiculous to even bring him up. he’s pitched in all of 7 games the whole year

But that justifies that their pitching is terrible?

Myers had eight straight starts where his ERA was under 2.

And while Blanton hasn’t been stunning, he’s been an improvement over who else they had before.

Look at Blanton’s numbers and you’ll know he’ll be better. He’s a good starter, not great, but definitely good enough.

EDIT: the Phillies starter’s ERA is 4.23, including one 100 IP+ of one of the worst MLB pitchers… duh duh duh… Adam Eaton. Their ERA is only marginally above-average, and is better than a couple of the MLB’s playoff teams.

Bakersdozen…love the avatar pic. I just have to laugh that the Yanks have a payroll about 4 times higher then the Rays and it got them nothing They had an off-year due to injuries. Next year I expect the Rays,Yankees,and Red Sux to all be a great force and will battle it out till the very end (I mean last game) next year possibly 90+ game winners for all of them

Yeah, just expect the Yanks to do better and the Rays do a little worse, and it’ll be a dogfight out there.

[quote=“Bakersdozen”]But that justifies that there pitching is terrible?

Myers had eight straight starts where his ERA was under 2.

And while Blanton hasn’t been stunning, he’s been an improvement over who else they had before.

Look at Blanton’s numbers and you’ll know he’ll be better. He’s a good starter, not great, but definitely good enough.[/quote]

yup he did go through a good stretch. three of those games came against pitt and washington. and now he’s back to his usual erratic self. and blanton. he is what he is. no point in arguing with a phillies fan over these matters.