I want to play college ball

Playing baseball is all I’ve ever wanted to do since I was introduced to the game. Unfortunately, I never was exposed to any sort of formal training growing up outside of junior high, high school, and various select league “Coaches” (dads who, while they meant well, knew very little about the finer points of the game). I was too young/immature to take the game seriously enough to progress and I did very little in the off seasons to improve myself. I was a mediocre high school player and played 2 seasons in the NABA and pulled my weight, but when I was 20 I injured both my shoulder and knee in a non-baseball related manner and haven’t thrown a ball since.

That said, I am now 22 years old and while it may very well be too late for me to pitch at the college level, I’m not getting any younger so I am going to try. I really wish I had decided this when I was 12 so I could have been working toward it, but that’s not the case so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Before I was injured I had a 4-seam fb that was clocked at around 82, a slider, 1-7 curve, and a circle-change. Not exactly the velocity I would like, but I hope that with some work I can get to a more respectable number. My command was always my strong point as, while I wasn’t overpowering and I never had a whole lot of break to my pitches, I could always locate any pitch at any time which was probably the only reason I was successful.

Goals
[] Bring my weight down from 245 to 215 (I’m 6’1"), or at least turn some of my body weight into muscle.
[] Get my shoulder and knee strong enough to begin playing competitively again.
[] Find command of at least 3 if not all 4 of my pitches.
[] Pitch for an adult league team in the 2009 season.
[] Pitch for a CC/D3/D2 team in the 2010 season.

I bought Tuff Cuff yesterday and will begin working with that the day it arrives. I also have cut out fast food and soda as of ~2 weeks ago in an attempt to start eating a little healthier.

I will update this thread on occasion/whenever something of note happens for personal motivation, but if anyone has any suggestions or advice for me I would love to hear from you.

-Ryan