I thought it was supposed to fall off

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Report-Scout-clocks-Reds-pitching-prospect-Cha?urn=mlb-265783

:shock:
A buck 5…one hundred five point seven :shock:
I guess at that point you had better be sitting on the fastball and adjusting curve 8)

Yeah, i just got done reading that. Crazy!!! Hopefully he stays healthy.

Chapman should officially change his name to “Uno-cero Cinco” :twisted:

How fitting that this was the last prospect that Paul Nyman enthusiastically pointed to as an example of what he recommended.
We’ll see how he’s brought into the fold. How interesting that the guy is recommending that he back off :lol:
“Strasburg Traumatic Injury Reaction Syndrome” (STIRS)…there I coined it…let it begin here. O’Leary is doing a victory lap on another site and the next cycle will be people saying they know how to “prevent” injury. 300 guys…thats it. :roll: :roll:

I was impressed with Chapman when he was describing his different pitches after he was signed. He said he throws two fastballs, a fast fastball and a slow fastball. Fast fastball is 100+ amd slow fastball is 96-99

why would the coaches tell him to stay under 100mph.

If he can throw that hard or harder then hell do it.

As long as his mechanics are fine.

Nolan Ryan was a fireball pitcher and he did awesome in his career.

[quote=“baseballkid111”]why would the coaches tell him to stay under 100mph.

If he can throw that hard or harder then hell do it.

As long as his mechanics are fine.

Nolan Ryan was a fireball pitcher and he did awesome in his career.[/quote]

The human body isn’t made for it consistently. Its like making a screw that can carry the weight of a horse, but you push the limit with a horse and its child. It’ll be able to take it for a while, but soon enough it WILL snap. Just cause something is done correct way doesn’t mean its right. “oh yeah I punched that child with perfect weight transfer from my back leg to my hips, through my core and finished with the best shoulder and arm extension!”

Horrible example, but I tried at least lol.

Guy sits at 100?? jeebus. Hope this guy gets far with no injuries.

[quote=“jdfromfla”]
“Strasburg Traumatic Injury Reaction Syndrome” (STIRS)…there I coined it…let it begin here. O’Leary is doing a victory lap on another site and the next cycle will be people saying they know how to “prevent” injury. 300 guys…thats it. :roll: :roll:[/quote]

jd- Better trademark that before someone beats you to it- you might be the next Michael Buffer :idea: :slight_smile:

why would a coach want him to slow down. for gods sakes. hes a reliever first of all.

Well you see, it’s probably because he could sit at 96 comfortably and that would still blow it past people. Guys can succeed in the majors with a 90mph+ fastball so he can take some off and throw 96 and possibly give his arm a break, as well provide better accuracy…Also if he ever needs to gas up, no one is sitting on a 105mph heater which will help him when he needs that little extra.

I think there is a big difference between what you can do for years and what you can do for one game, if he has good control at 99 then has the 105 if he needs it then he will be un hittable.