I though I had a sinker until, pronation!?

I’ve been throwing a sinker as my primary pitch throught my illustrious career that spans 5 months, and 0 games, lol. But I just read the FAQ on sinker/2seam and now I’m confused. It said that sinkerballers pronate? their hand and the ball is way ahead of their body. What does it mean to pronate your hand, and get ahead of your body? I don’t know if it matters but I throw straight overhand

Pronation means that you turn your arm away from your body after release.

if its workin dont change it

Don’t take that the wrong way and think “okay, just sort of twist my arm uncomfortably until my palm faces up.” Pronation occurs natural when you throw, unless you intentionally roll or snap your wrist (supination.) You probably are pronating already. It’s okay to think pronation when throwing, but don’t get too carried away.

As a combination of all above posts (including mine):

Don’t complicate things. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

[quote=“jpeavy44”]As a combination of all above posts (including mine):

Don’t complicate things. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.[/quote]I know this sounds really bad, but I’m not sure if it is working or not. I can’t follow my balls

Look, if you thought you had a sinker before and you were doing well with it don’t worry about what other people say. Just keep at what your doing.

not everybody needs to pronate for a sinker. if it working for you dont change anything. to pronate though you dont turn your arm away you simply turn your hand or wrist. turning your whole arm can mess everything up. its all at the finish with the wrist

[quote=“tdbaseball”]not everybody needs to pronate for a sinker. if it working for you dont change anything. to pronate though you dont turn your arm away you simply turn your hand or wrist. turning your whole arm can mess everything up. its all at the finish with the wrist[/quote]I’ve tried throwing it with full pronation, and I find it natural and pretty comfortable. I’ve noticed that my sinker has alot more rotation with it. So it’s helped me? I’m seriously asking you, is it helping me?

i cant tell if its working but if you think its better than go with that. just do whatever is comfortable and works best for you. we just try to give suggestions but everyone is different. try it against hitters and see what they think.

[quote=“tdbaseball”]i cant tell if its working but if you think its better than go with that. just do whatever is comfortable and works best for you. we just try to give suggestions but everyone is different. try it against hitters and see what they think.[/quote]That is where at I’m a huge disadvantage. I’m actually not part of any team, never had. This summer I bought a ball, glove, and pitchback and started throwing. It’s my intentions to maybe try to go out for the team this spring, but I don’t know if I’m good or not

With a statement like that, you continue to make me wonder if you know anything or say anything useful on these forums. Why not try and see what happens when he throws it right? It might make it THAT much better. Or, that much worse, and in that case, you can go back to how you had it, but theres a good chance that, kelvin is wrong (surprise) and that the right way is the right way for a reason.

for the first thing
you dont have to pronate
chein ming wang and fausto carmona dont
they use finger pressure

not everybody throws a pitch the same
so there is no right way to throw a pitch

so theres a right way to throw a change up when there are several different grips from 4 arm angles
same with a curve slider or any other pitch