I think its time to stop

I have been trying to figure out a way to get comfortable in pitching for about 2 years now, but nothing has worked. I did find a comfortable windup that I stuck with for a good period of time that helped me throw strikes good. I think my problem was that I tried to throw it as hard as I could, and thats what really messed me up, and I havent found a way to get back to it. Steve, do you think I should just quit pitching now and pay more attention to hitting and feilding? (Which is what my high school coach mainly wants.) Also, I don’t even know if I want to pitch, I just want to make that school team, even if it means if I gotta quit pitching to do it.

any advice?

This is a difficult question to answer. Nobody here knows your talent level or your mindset. If you feel you can still be an effective pitcher then continue to pitch. If you feel your not able to pitch at the level your playing at then maybe you shouldn’t. It’s up to you. But if you want to pitch you shouldn’t give up, just work harder. No one will be able to give you a yes or no answer, it’s just up to you.

If you are worried about making the team, I would focus on the things that your coach is looking for. Since you dont sound as if you will be pitching this year, you may want to hold off til the off-season to tackle pitching. Thats when you can make the decision if pitching is right for you or not.

dont give up man its all about confidence. believe that you can get hitters out usually when kids over throw they dont believe they can get the hitter out an that they have to give it all they got to get it by them. rememeber this quote “quit trying to strike everyone out its facists throw more ground balls its more democratic” lol gotta love bull durham

So who told you to overthrow? Who put it into your head that if you don’t strike everybody out on three pitches you stink on hot ice? Who told you this—who told you that—who said you’d better stick to playing the outfield—who shot down your confidence to the point that you’d consider giving up the game altogether?
Bullcrap.
I would strongly advise you to get together with a really good pitching coach—maybe even a professional pitcher—and have him watch you throw a full bullpen session so he can see exactly where you’re at, what you’re doing right, what needs working on. And if you’re not a rip-roarin’ fireballer like Sabathia or Verlander—so what? Not everybody can throw 97 or better; there are plenty of very fine pitchers who just barely hit 90 and who are absolutely devastating because they have, in addition to some great stuff, the control and command of all of it. I was one such—when I recognized that I was not one of those fireballers, I went in the other direction; I knew that if you can’t overpower the hitters you have to outthink and outfox them. And you can do it.
I had an absolutely incredible pitching coach years ago. His name was Eddie Lopat, and he was one of the Yankees’ Big Three rotation of the late 40s to the mid 50s. He didn’t have a real fast ball—but he threw everything else, including the kitchen sink, and when one day I asked him about the slider he responded by taking me aside and showing me how to throw a good one. That led to almost four years in which he worked with me and helped me all he could, which was more than considerable—I became a better pitcher.
So DON’T GIVE UP.